Acrylic nails after 9 days, why do I feel so bad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautific

Reaction score
Hi I did some infills for a client 9 days ago over the top of some she had done at a discount salon that use mma (i could smell it as i filed it ewww).
I advised at the time that she may see a difference in the colour as I use entity acrylic and I am unsure what exact product they use and could not guarantee they would be compatible.
This afternoon I have recieved a phonecall saying that 2 have lifted so she has 'pulled the rest off' and wondered if I could do them for her tomorrow, this is 9 days after the initial set so I know its nothing I have done and no other problems with other customers.
I have a wedding on tomorrow so have closed for the day to go and do 7 sets of nails plus waxing for the bride, weds I am fully booked, same thursday but told her I can fit her in friday morning.
She sounded very disappointed and said she wanted them doing tomorrow as she is going out on weds, why do I feel so bad at having to say no? :irked::cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible she wanted a fresh new set for her night out on Wednesday. Don't feel bad, you have offered her a slot and that's all you can do. She shouldn't of picked them off.If you have no space you have no space and to be fair I would think it's very odd that her nails have lifted 2 days before she goes on a night out.

I hope you will charge her for the new set though. X x

Hmm yes thats what I thought too. She has had alot of treatments done with me over the last month and I always bend over backwards for my clients ie I have been working 6 days a week for the last month including going back out mobile on an evening however I could feel myself burning out and booked myself today off.
Hopefully I won't lose her as a client but would definitely charge for future appointments.

ps Noodle I know the owners of the salon which is why I put their ethnic origin as it isnt just a guess. Sorry I wasnt aware that this wasnt allowed

Dont feel bad you cant fit her in. She shouldn't have pulled off the ones that were perfectly fine thus you definitely should charge her when you do them again. Thats just undoing perfectly good work and time, when it could have just been a 2 nail repair job in first place.

Latest posts

Back