Acrylic nails and hand sanitiser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautystudio

Reaction score
heya everyone,

17 years iv been doing acrylic nails.....never had problems with people losing them. Since opening from lockdown iv had regulars that have been to me for 7+ years and they are just losing them left right and center. Iv bought new products (although the same brand iv always used!) Since being back as they were sat there for 4 months not being used. Could the increase in hand sanitiser cause them to start lifting and come off? Or the increase in hand washing? Any ideas greatly appreciated!

heya everyone,

17 years iv been doing acrylic nails.....never had problems with people losing them. Since opening from lockdown iv had regulars that have been to me for 7+ years and they are just losing them left right and center. Iv bought new products (although the same brand iv always used!) Since being back as they were sat there for 4 months not being used. Could the increase in hand sanitiser cause them to start lifting and come off? Or the increase in hand washing? Any ideas greatly appreciated!

This thread was posted recently, which you may find interesting:

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/do-hand-sanitisers-cause-lifting.334576/post-2672025

I'm having the same issue! Never normally have issues and not at least 4 clients have had nails pop off. I don't seem to have issues with any gel based prodicts, only acrylics. 😩 I know a couple other techs having similar issues, the only thing I can thing is these strong alcohol based sanitisers are causing it. Dont know what else it could be. I havent changed anything xx

Latest posts

Back