Acrylic nails fell off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik

Reaction score
Hi

I have been doing nails for a year now. I am qualified. 6 months ago I started a nail business working from home. its registered and insured etc... I do approximetly 4-5 nails a day. I recently changed acrylic brands to CND+rentention powder. I follow the instructions. however I had a client contact me 3 days after i did them saying 3 of her nails fell off and her thumb has chipped. I only use CND product. I have not had other issues with nails falling off and chipping. however this lady has not had nails in a long time. what could the issue had been :( :(

Hi, first thing i would do is go and have a look, nails don't just " fall off" perhaps as she's nit had any on in a long time, she couldn't get used to them, so decided to take them off. And maybe found them difficult to remove.
Go have a look hun, you will be able to tell a little more what's been going on.
Kate xx

I feel your pain!

I am still training, so still gaining experience. I know I am not meant to, but I have some nail biter clients, who understand that I am training, so are willing to have me learn on them.

On normal nails, they are lasting, and I am infilling them as they are going so well. BUT...nail biters I do are having a nightmare. The first client who said her nails 'pinged off' I thought she was fibbing. BUT, my recent one has come in with 5 in total that really have just pinged off when doing normal things such as pick up a bag, or took out a plug from the wall. She is reliable and sweet, and didn't bite the nails after they pinged off.

Was she a nail biter? Maybe this is why the came off? Maybe you need to figure out the new products and what will make it last? I am still training, so my advice isn't very sound or reliable yet...but thought I would post anyway. Hope you do not mind?

I still don't know why my nail biters are having such problems...but I'll figure it out with practice. It may be a case of just getting to know the new product you are using.xx

Did you actually convert to Cnd or just cheekily obtain their products? I know u r qualified in nails but being Cnd trained is a whole new dimension x

Did you actually convert to Cnd or just cheekily obtain their products?
It's not cheeky to get their products without converting???

OP, I'd ask to check the lady's nails and see what you think - as has been said, nails don't tend to just ping off but the fact that 3 have come off I'd want to see them to see if there's any signs of picking, if not, double check your prep and use of products? :)

It's not cheeky to get their products without converting???

OP, I'd ask to check the lady's nails and see what you think - as has been said, nails don't tend to just ping off but the fact that 3 have come off I'd want to see them to see if there's any signs of picking, if not, double check your prep and use of products? :)

I agree, and the OP is in Australia so maybe a conversion isn't required out there. Also I do think sometimes we could give posters the benefit of the doubt, so many threads go off on a tangent after people don't answer the actual question but instead post their doubts about the qualifications/integrity of the OP. (not aiming this at you frenchie but it is not always necessary)

To get back to the point of this thread, let's examine the key points,
You have no problems with other nails you have applied
This client has not had enhancements for a while
You have just changed products.

Without seeing the nails I don't know what made them lift/fall off, they could have been applied too long or the client was just clumsy...or you are not quite used to the mix ratio of your new product and applied with too wet a mix and they lifted/fell off.

Either way you need to see the nails in question, I would say if you see a lot of damage on them then client clumsiness comes into play, if they are undamaged then the nails weren't properly applied and your mix needs perfected.
I hope you get it resolved...let us know if you do !!

Hi ladies, no I haven't done a cnd certificate just ur basic certificates. Her nails were healthy and a decent length.what I meant by converting was switching brands. I am going to try to view her nails, I did offer her a replacement, however she did decline.

Is she on any medication?

Are you using the retention+ monomer and the new retention+ powders or are you using the perfect color powders with the retention+ monomer?

Neither way is wrong but from what I hear there are slight differences to the picking up of the bead and the way you apply it / press it to the nail, maybe this is your problem?

There are videos on the CND you tube channel , but I think you would defiantly benefit from a conversion class with CND as it will definitely raise your game!

hello, yes everything is the correct product, im not mixing brands.

I didn't mean wear you mixing brands but there are different ways of using the different Cnd powders / monomer combinations ,
The mix ratio is the same but picking up and actual application do have differences .

Latest posts

Back