Acrylic nails I did today-thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliciaMoir

Reaction score
I am still very much a newbie nail tech, only done about 30 sets of nails in around a year and a half but am starting to do them more frequently now. I'm more than happy to recieve positive criticism from you pros on here but nothing too harsh please cos this is my proudest set so far lol and don't want my confidence shattered :) all the products i use are from NSI. Cover pink for the nail bed and purple glitter for the tip extensions, with purple and a black accent diamantes.

Attachments

• 11037568_524890684316110_1365834598565174500_n.jpg
    11037568_524890684316110_1365834598565174500_n.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 159
They're brilliant especially considering you've only done about 30 sets! Fab job!! Just watch your filing most nails are spot on but I would say the little fingers could be a little more tapered. Well done though!

Thanks so much hun! And thank you for replying too, I was thinking I might not get any lol I may have done more than 30 sets though.. Not quite sure how many really but that's the number I thought until my boyfriend said he reckons I've done more than that lol. I usually struggle with tapering the sides, but i'll keep it in mind to pay more attention next time! :)

Hi , Yes I agree with Emily . Overall there are really very good . But I would say that on most of them you need to taper the sides as on some more than others they are a little 'fan' like

Correct this and they are brilliant . Well done

Thank you :) any advice on how I may be able to taper the sides better than what i'm doing? I find it so hard even on myself. I've noticed that if I try to taper it right in, on this set for instance I would start filing away the glitter and then the tip would be showing. If that makes sense.

If they are tips you really want to get the shape right at the blending stage . If you need to shape more later hold your file flat underneath the tip ( not sure how to explain it in text )

You also need to make sure your product is thin at sidewalls and that will help the 'fan' effect

Here in America, we are starting a silly craze called "Duckbill". Yours are NOT like that, but I gather by "tapering sides" a little more, that would mean, for us, take our nail file, straight on(and center of file straight up) and file out towards you.

So, basically---hold their finger and look down the bed. Place your file on their left side of nail, straight up. Angle slightly outward (towards the other nails) and pull the file out towards you. Keep doing this until you get a "tapered" edge or straighter edge.

This is a technician preference, but I always pre-shape my nails before applying product. That leaves minimal shaping at the end. :)

I hope I explained it for you. If not, just ask. :)

Latest posts

Back