Acrylic Nails on a 10 year old girl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put acrylic exts on a girl who was 15 once years ago. When she got home I had her mother phone me up breathing fire at me down the phone. Hard lesson learnt for me ! I would have a chat to the mother always first, it maybe that her 10 year old needs them for a good reason, but I would explain the fact that the nail is developing, aftercare, maintenance, cost etc, I'm sure they would find an alternative.

I didnt realise this thread was sooo old! lol

Anyway i wouldn't put extensions on a kids but i do offer Gelish overlay with nail art to 12 yrs and above but only with parents written consent.

Another thing I would like to add is that I have just finnished my course. I dont have as much experience as 99% of the people in here thats why I asked.

Please don't take it personally, it is good that you asked and arent you pleased that you now know the truth? Acrylics will not cause damage.

I also would not do acrylics on children, the reason I always give is that they cant look after them properly and mum is not with them every second of the day, they will pick and pry, if they fall off their bike or climb a tree and bash that nail it could really hurt and cause damage, a friend of mine had an epileptic fit, bashed her thumb nail on the kitchen worktop as she fell and half the nail got ripped from the nail bed.

Imagine a child having similar damage whilst playing.

Opps also didn't realise it was that old. Ha Ha

Was about to add that I was taught that nails need to breathe!!!!! In black and white in my course notes too. .....Cringe.....

Last edited:
Defo not a good look for you or your business.. There should be a age restriction like 16 plus or something i think.. Acrylics,Extensions,Make up on children is not right!

Latest posts

Back