Acrylic nails on a boy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do your nails but Im a bit far lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think they look very elegant on a mans hands, which are generally quite large!

Each to their own, but I don't think it's a good look!

X

Both my son's came into college to be models for acrylic nails, the eldest Jack 23 has beautiful nails but can't stand any type of filing normally, he was a good egg. My youngest Max 19 loved having acrylic on and was ands still is fascinated by my nail creations on clients and quite often stops by to watch, he has aspergers syndrome and loved to rub the acrylics together so they sounded like marbles :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I'm new here, I was just wondering what opinions woman/men have on a boy/man wearing acrylic nails?
I'm 100% straight... But I've always wanted to get my nails done professionally?
Opinions? And would anyone near me like to do this ?

Like you I am new here as well. I have always loved the look of a French Manicue. This past Sunday a friend of mine went with me and I had a set of acrylic nails done with a blue tip.

Like you I was worried and nervous about getting them done. I know that once they are there going back is difficult. Like you a am a manly man, if that’s even a term. I’ve been a mechanic in the military, a firefighter/EMT and I currently work for a tech company from home. However I am also working on my degree as a social worker as well.

Why I bring that up is to let you know that these things we consider as for “females only” is just a social construct. It is a way for society to quickly determine male from female. Humans by nature are visual creatures the first thing we look at is appearance to determine sex. When someone like you or I break that norm and that person can not quickly determine what you are they panic and don’t know how to respond.

I will say that now that I have my nails done I do not ever see me going back to not having them. Btw I am married and have 2 daughters.

Attachments

• 5DEC58E2-1264-4135-BA1F-830D9D2E5D4E.jpeg
    5DEC58E2-1264-4135-BA1F-830D9D2E5D4E.jpeg
    519.4 KB · Views: 75
This thread is over 4 years old now and the OP hasn’t visited the site for over 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back