Acrylic nails on a man?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameeel

Reaction score
Ok bit of a strange one, basically had a text earlier from a guy wanting acrylic nails:eek:
Apparently a female friend has dared him:rolleyes:

I dont really know what to make of this and am a bit dubious to say the least, let alone the fact never done bloke nails:lol::lol::lol:

I have a home based salon so have booked him when hubby is home....

Has this ever happened to anyone else??

I do know of men who play the guitar and choose to have an acrylic enhancement, if that's the correct word for a man with nails!

I believe it helps them when they pluck the strings!!!!

Must admit, to have them for a dare is a bit weird.

It probably isn't a dare and they actually want them, they're just too embarrassed to say? x

I haven't done acrylic, as I only do gel. But I have been doing one man's nails for almost a year now. He is a mechanic and has severe cracks going up most of his nails. I do silk repairs when needed and clear gel overlay every 2 weeks. His nails are now not catching and hurting anymore and ha has actually told some of his co-workers about me :)

Doing it for a dare is strange, but you might find there is a totally different reason for it when you actually see his nails!

Ok bit of a strange one, basically had a text earlier from a guy wanting acrylic nails:eek:
Apparently a female friend has dared him:rolleyes:

I dont really know what to make of this and am a bit dubious to say the least, let alone the fact never done bloke nails:lol::lol::lol:

I have a home based salon so have booked him when hubby is home....

Has this ever happened to anyone else??

Wow how odd, i don't do acrylics but id love to see a photo when you have finished these, I wonder what length he wants haha. ;)

Wow how odd, i don't do acrylics but id love to see a photo when you have finished these, I wonder what length he wants haha. ;)

Pink sparkly stilleto's!?!?

Crikey.... he wants stiletto nails:Scared:.....

Could be a trans person who finds it easier to say its for a dare.

Whatever the persons reason for wanting the nails, as long as you feel ok to do it, just see it as an experience.

Hes facebooked me... seems normal and not trans (lol, i would prefer if he was)
Ive booked him at a time when husband is in.... and wont be closing my salon door;)

On the face of it it seems genuine but there are a lot of weirdos around:evil:.... not altogether sure how comfortable i feel doing it tbh... :eek:

I've been doing acrylic on a man for around a year now. Nothing odd, he wants his for plucking the guitar. I do an overlay in clear on only 4 nails! In fact he is in his 60's and is one of my favourite clients!!!

I have done a male a few times who goes the whole hog for dress-up parties. He has red acrylics.

I have a photo in my album.
x

Hes facebooked me... seems normal and not trans (lol, i would prefer if he was)
Ive booked him at a time when husband is in.... and wont be closing my salon door;)

On the face of it it seems genuine but there are a lot of weirdos around:evil:.... not altogether sure how comfortable i feel doing it tbh... :eek:

If hubby's there then I would be inclined to give it a go! Good practice, and you never know, he may well turn out to be one your most loyal clients.

Don't forget to post on how it all goes. xx

And lets face it, men get waxed, plucked, sprayed and creamed, so nails? Why not?

If hubby's there then I would be inclined to give it a go! Good practice, and you never know, he may well turn out to be one your most loyal clients.

Don't forget to post on how it all goes. xx

And lets face it, men get waxed, plucked, sprayed and creamed, so nails? Why not?

Very true.... apparently its a dare from a female friend and hes going throught with said dare to teach her a lesson!. :smack:

I do know of men who play the guitar and choose to have an acrylic enhancement, if that's the correct word for a man with nails!

I believe it helps them when they pluck the strings!!!!

Must admit, to have them for a dare is a bit weird.

Hey! Same thing happened to me but with a gel overlay

My daughter has been doing nails for a chap for a while, mobile. He very politely asked if she would do him as he was a man (as lots of peeps wont).

She went to his house to do them, and I went too (just in case - of what i dont know!) His partner was there too who had the most awful acrylics full length and my daughter did the acrylics on him.

They were the nicest people and refered to themselves as Tgirls (which I kept forgetting) explained all about their way of life (which totally made me look at them with new eyes) - it was tough to remember to call them in them ladies and not chaps but my daughter has been to them both to do nails for about six months.

We are iin the beauty business - a business which makes people feel god about themselves. A set of nails is a set of nails - we are all human and as we all know, a new shiney set of acrylics makes us feel good - boys as well as girls! (apart from it takes much much more acrylic)

I know it's an old thread but I feel the need to reply so I registered :cool:

I am a 37 year old married, straight man, and I have a fascination with all things nails. It is the only thing I keep from my wife (she is not the type to get nails or toes done but she is a wonderful woman and no matter how much I love nails I love her more).

When I was 17, I went out with a girl for awhile, this was in the early 90s and acrylic nails were the "in" thing at the time, and she always had long red acrylic nails. Anyway, uh, how do I put it politely, I shared my first sex act with her in my car. Given my fascination now with hands and nails you can guess what it was. Anyway from that moment on I was fascinated with nails.

The next year I met my wife, and since then, other than her occasional deciding to polish her nails, it never happens. So I turn elsewhere, when I am traveling on business...

... I get pedicures.

I love pedicures! It's the first thing I do when I get to a city. I get a pedicure! With color too. I get to talk nails with the techs, I get funny looks from other customers, I love it! But in my heart, I really want to get the acrylic nails. I have never done a full set (although once or twice I let them do my pinkie). If they weren't so damn hard to remove, I would do it.

I follow the nail polish blogs and nail art blogs too, just WISHING it would be appropriate to get my nails done.

So I got by with the occasional set of drugstore nails.

If you want to ask, I'll answer, part of it is sexual, but part is, dammit, I just want to do it! I mean, why do you ladies do it? You just want to!

There are many like me out there. But the difference between me and them is I don't complain. I don't have a problem with social norms and such, because it's natural - somebody does something that people like them don't normally do and they get funny looks, people talk about them, etc. And that's why I'm not wearing a set of pink and whites right now. We all have our crosses to bear and I'm doing my best at trying to handle mine.

Seriously, ladies, if any of you come up with a method of making beautiful nails that feel permanent like acrylic but can come off easily (I don't mind soaking in acetone), I would love to visit you just for the experience.

If any of you have any questions of this nail loving man, I'll answer honestly.

I am a 37 year old married, straight man, and I have a fascination with all things nails. It is the only thing I keep from my wife (she is not the type to get nails or toes done but she is a wonderful woman and no matter how much I love nails I love her more).

When I was 17, I went out with a girl for awhile, this was in the early 90s and acrylic nails were the "in" thing at the time, and she always had long red acrylic nails. Anyway, uh, how do I put it politely, I shared my first sex act with her in my car. Given my fascination now with hands and nails you can guess what it was. Anyway from that moment on I was fascinated with nails.

The next year I met my wife, and since then, other than her occasional deciding to polish her nails, it never happens. So I turn elsewhere, when I am traveling on business...

... I get pedicures.

I love pedicures! It's the first thing I do when I get to a city. I get a pedicure! With color too. I get to talk nails with the techs, I get funny looks from other customers, I love it! But in my heart, I really want to get the acrylic nails. I have never done a full set (although once or twice I let them do my pinkie). If they weren't so damn hard to remove, I would do it.

I follow the nail polish blogs and nail art blogs too, just WISHING it would be appropriate to get my nails done.

If you want to ask, I'll answer, part of it is sexual, but part is, dammit, I just want to do it! I mean, why do you ladies do it? You just want to!

There are many like me out there. But the difference between me and them is I don't complain. I don't have a problem with social norms and such, because it's natural - somebody does something that people like them don't normally do and they get funny looks, people talk about them, etc. And that's why I'm not wearing a set of pink and whites right now. We all have our crosses to bear and I'm doing my best at trying to handle mine.

Seriously, ladies, if any of you come up with a method of making beautiful nails that feel permanent like acrylic but can come off easily (I don't mind soaking in acetone), I would love to visit you just for the experience.

Sexy pink nails, have you ever considered giving your wife a pedi and doing her nails.? Or getting her and you gift certificates to do nails together? Lots of guys are nail techs, usually they are good at it too. 😉

... I get pedicures.

"Acrylic" nails DO soak off with acetone so they are easy to remove :)

Latest posts

Back