Acrylic Nails on Me (I'm a straight man)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone here is looking for someone to practice on, I would be willing to help out and cover the cost of the products, I'm in the Guildford area just contact me [email protected]

thanks

Steve

Just a thought......

You may need sculpts as sometimes male nails are too wide for tips!

Well Alice Cooper wears them and so do a lot of other guitarists. They say it gives them better control then a guitar pick.
All that aside, to save you getting flak in your day job, I think you should go for a natural looking nail and get your girlfriend to put polish on for you out side of work, that way you can save the grief at those family dinners as well, get them used to the long nails first and then sneak the colour up on them at a later date.
PM zozo, if she's recomemding someone in your area then you know you'll get a good tech.

at one time and even still now to a lesser extent, people (mostly men) would say you cant wear a pink tshirt if ur a bloke and hey everton released their new PINK away strip this week which i think is a monumental statement and should be applauded for their 21st century attitude to a changing world.

as others have said if you like them you should go for it.

like anything slightly away from the norm your gonna get the odd comment from some people but who wants to be the same as everyone else ! if your comfortable in your own skin you wont need to worry about the odd person being pass remarkable

sorry this a pointless post i just wanted to support your individuality and fellow lover of what the nail industry has to offer :)

If your worried about what people will think (or the parents) have some natural extensions on, that way they'll look natural when you need them too and when you fancy it you can paint over them in your new coral polish :)

I say go for it! wish my bf would let me put them on him lol

Well sorry to burst anyones bubble .... but I think someone is just looking for attention!! Well, allot of ladies wear outrageous nail art and stuff too and for the very same reason.

Interestingly I once did a seminar in Las Vegas where we asked 100 local wearers of nail art why they had it done and paid the money they paid .. the almost unanimous reason was because they liked the attention it brought to them from others.

You know what, your probably right, but is it wrong for me to want attention just like you ladies do, the reason for starting this thread was to ask if it was to much or wrong for a straight man to have fake nails it's no worse than a typical man buying a designer suit to make himself feel good.

Your not bursting my bubble your just stating the obvious.

Thanks for your comments anyway

kindest

Steve

Nothing wrong with being an attention seeker..... I am one lol

Just for the record so we don't have any confusion hereabouts or get off on any wrong feet lol ... I never even hinted in my post that there was anything 'wrong' in attention seeking.

Just to let you know I'm getting them done this weekend, I will post pics for your comments be they good or bad :)

steve

fair play to you i saw something in the paper the other week it was about girls dressing as boys ie bf geans blazers ect and boy dressing as girls ie skinny geans guyliner i think if men can wear make-up why not have their nails done men have maicures and pedicures what is the diffrence if you like them stuff what everyone else thinks you go uh guy lol :D

Lordy here we go back to the 18th century!!! :eek:

In those days the men who did these things were called fops ... give me a manly MAN any day ... I'd just die laughing at a man with eye liner and nails!! OMG

i went and got uv gel nails, pictures to follow...... :)

01295484061536.jpg
[/URL] Image Hosting provided by ImageBam[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back