Acrylic nails, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carowindsxoxo

Reaction score
Today I hit my thumb on the door frame while I was walking and it completely ripped up my acrylic with my real nail attached. It’s just dangling from my cuticle but obviously too painful to take the rest of the way off. I only had A&D ointment available so I did apply that and bandaged it up. Not sure what else I can do? Is there a way to safely remove the rest of the nail? I’m in excruciating pain I think mostly because it’s still attached.

Today I hit my thumb on the door frame while I was walking and it completely ripped up my acrylic with my real nail attached. It’s just dangling from my cuticle but obviously too painful to take the rest of the way off. I only had A&D ointment available so I did apply that and bandaged it up. Not sure what else I can do? Is there a way to safely remove the rest of the nail? I’m in excruciating pain I think mostly because it’s still attached.

If the pain is excruciating then a visit to the doctor would be my advice. Not sure how it works in the US but here in the UK you can get an appointment with a Practise Nurse (Practice as in business not trainee) who will probably remove the nail completely if it's ripped that far back.

Latest posts

Back