Acrylic nails popping off :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasha99

Reaction score
Hi, i recently qualified as a level 2 nail tech and i have started my own business :). Everything is going great apart from a few clients complaining about there nails 'popping off', i have read other posts about this and people saying that they can't just 'pop off' but i put a set on myself and a few literally did just pop off within a few days! I have read the tutorials on nail prep and i do all of them :S. I have just ordered a new L&P ( The EDGE) is this any good? Also, i use the clear nail forms most of the time but using these or not, people still say they 'pop off'! Please help me! :'( x

My nails do this so annoying whether I have them long or short can't wait to find out why I will be telling my nail girl x

Yeah, it's so frustrating! x

When I was just starting out, I was inadvertently leaving cuticle on the nail. Hadn't discovered the wonders of a curette yet. Do you lovely ladies use a curette?

There could really be a number of reasons for it - what are your prep routines? Are you applying anything prior to applying the acrylic such as primer or prep-freshener?

When I first started out, I was not aware that I should wash the cuticle remover off the nails thoroughly so ended up with a few people losing their nails because there was a barrier of cuticle rmover between the acrylic and the nail bed preventing correct bonding.

Hi, i just watched a brill video on youtube with a curette! I am definatley going to invest! I just tried, on a client today, putting cuticle remover all over the nail bed then using the metal pusher; loads of cuticle came off the nail bed! Whereas before i would just nip the cuticle off. She is going to let me know if the nails last longer :) x

There could really be a number of reasons for it - what are your prep routines? Are you applying anything prior to applying the acrylic such as primer or prep-freshener?

When I first started out, I was not aware that I should wash the cuticle remover off the nails thoroughly so ended up with a few people losing their nails because there was a barrier of cuticle rmover between the acrylic and the nail bed preventing correct bonding.

Hi, i do all the nail prep on the tutorial on here. I use a nail pep yes :). Also i remove all of the cuticle remover with acetone and a cotton pad. Should i use water instead? x

Hi, i just watched a brill video on youtube with a curette! I am definatley going to invest! I just tried, on a client today, putting cuticle remover all over the nail bed then using the metal pusher; loads of cuticle came off the nail bed! Whereas before i would just nip the cuticle off. She is going to let me know if the nails last longer :) x

Never knew how much you were leaving behind, right? Nor did I until I confided in a more experienced nail tech about my lifting problems and she told me about this amazing little tool. Once I started applying cuticle remover to the entire nail, using my pusher then my curette then doing my usual prep, I had no more lifting.

All to do with how you prep,i use No more Lift primmer....i will let you no suppliers asap...

Thank you so much guys :) x

If the OP is using CND Retention + then she doesn't need a primer.

I used to use a cleanser to get the cuticle remover off but learnt from here that mild soapy water and a good old scrub are the best method :D xx

Latest posts

Back