Acrylic nails pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am having some issues with pricing, as a new nail tech. I am currently offering a new set of acrylic nails for £25, and infill for £20 - both including nail polish.
Gel polish can be added onto the service for £7. I wanted to put a fair price on my work, and figured that I could always increase it after a year or so.
Initially, I didn't advertise coloured acrylic sets, ombre or encapsulation etc due to a lack of confidence.

Now that I am ready and excited to offer these services, I am trying to think of what price I should charge. I was thinking to offer coloured acrylic/ombre sets for £30, and glitter encapsulation/crystals could be added on for about £5 - So with £35, I could offer a custom set with the sparklies. I have listed it as 'from £30', as I don't quite know how to word it, and I don't want to have to make a mistake and backtrack. I thought I could always explain/give a quote over the phone/message?

Just to note, I am working from home. I've seen other home-based techs in my city offering the ombre and gems for just £30 total (though no glitter encapsulation it seems). The sets look beautiful, and they clearly get alot of business. I'm really not sure what price to choose.
I want to be fair, but at the same time see value and passion in my nails. I would be grateful for your thoughts.

It can be confusing fir clients and they will want to know how much a particular design costs before booking.
I made my descriptions pretty basic eg one colour £32, with glitter nail £34, nail art £37, advanced nail art £42. I’ve also different prices for ombré and French.
It is difficult to increase prices so don’t undercharge.
You can always post on social media saying exciting nail designs available from £30 and a deluxe nail art and swarovskis for £35 from a specific date so clients know when the prices change.

Thank you for your reply and advice. I did already set the basic prices unfortunately, but I am prepared that I will need to increase them in the future - perhaps after 6 months. I will just bite the bullet with it, and it won't be a great increase anyway - I think I will use your suggestion of making an enticing post on social media and the specific date that the prices will be in effect, so that we're all on the same page.
Everything will appear much more clear and concise that way.

Out of interest, when you say you offer one colour for £32, is that just gel polish? Do you only offer gel polish and not nail polish? I'm just curious because I was considering at the time of my new pricing in the near future, to stop advertising nail polish with the nail extensions. I much prefer using gel polish, and find it more versatile and enjoyable to use.

I don’t use polish on acrylics, I use coloured powders

Oh, I see what you mean :)

Latest posts

Back