Acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monics

Reaction score
I’m new to acrylics and they are bumpy and uneven with bits missing ‍♀️ How do I correct this

Practice! Hours and hours of it.
Have you finished your training course yet?

Practice! Hours and hours of it.
Have you finished your training course yet?
Yes I finished my course however I feel really bad at doing nails, can’t get a set of acrylics without loads of lumps !!! I can’t seem to apply it smooth at all

Yes I finished my course however I feel really bad at doing nails, can’t get a set of acrylics without loads of lumps !!! I can’t seem to apply it smooth at all

It’s normal for the application not to be great straight away but it shouldn’t be that bad as you would have had to pass an assessment on your course.

Could you go back to your educator to ask for further help?

It’s normal for the application not to be great straight away but it shouldn’t be that bad as you would have had to pass an assessment on your course.

Could you go back to your educator to ask for further help?
Nobody failed but it definitely isn’t great. I contacted them but they want £108 for 2 hours one to one tuition. I thought it’s a bit expensive after the course was already £550.

I remember in training we were told to use a three bead method and but I think I started out with ten![emoji23]
Don't be disheartened. Try out different ways to apply it and find what works for you. Also adjust your room temperature to see if that helps. A cooler environment allows for more time to work your beads.
You could look up Young Nails 'Pro teaches beginner' on YouTube for some really helpful information. I watched it recently and wished my college training had been that good.
Finally try a few testers of different acrylic brands as you will see they are quite different and one in particular might be easier for you. I would say though, don't t try Halo acrylic unless you are in a cool room otherwise it sets rapidly!

I remember in training we were told to use a three bead method and but I think I started out with ten![emoji23]
Don't be disheartened. Try out different ways to apply it and find what works for you. Also adjust your room temperature to see if that helps. A cooler environment allows for more time to work your beads.
You could look up Young Nails 'Pro teaches beginner' on YouTube for some really helpful information. I watched it recently and wished my college training had been that good.
Finally try a few testers of different acrylic brands as you will see they are quite different and one in particular might be easier for you. I would say though, don't t try Halo acrylic unless you are in a cool room otherwise it sets rapidly!
Thanks for your reply!! I’ll have a look at the YouTube video

have a look at kirsty meakins youtube shes brilliant, also it does come over time, dont beat yourself up about it because ou will get it, if your application is a bit lumpy you just have to work a bit harder on your filing technique and they'll look lovely, what acrylic do you use?

Hi, thanks for reply. I use nsi attraction it’s always lumpy but I do think it’s down to me, not the product

Hi, thanks for reply. I use nsi attraction it’s always lumpy but I do think it’s down to me, not the product

some brands are alot easier to work with than others, i find nsi to be quite difficult but i find cjp to be really easy and smooth to work with, do you work from home or mobile or in a salon? also with your clients if their hands are warm it will set quick and be harder to work with.

when you pick the bead up is it wet normal or dry? and ddo you wipe your brush once youve placed the bead on the nail so you get rid of the liquid in the brush or do you keep your brush saturated with monomer?

I work from home, but it’s duffic getting people to practice on, as I’m not wanting people walking away with shoddy nails.

I pick up the bead and then it’s a hit and a miss, sometimes a bit dry !! After I apply to the nail I wipe my brush so is not too wet. Sometimes my head is ok, my difficulty is trying to get it smooth on the nail

I work from home, but it’s duffic getting people to practice on, as I’m not wanting people walking away with shoddy nails.

I pick up the bead and then it’s a hit and a miss, sometimes a bit dry !! After I apply to the nail I wipe my brush so is not too wet. Sometimes my head is ok, my difficulty is trying to get it smooth on the nail

make sure your house isnt too warm, have you got a practice hand to practice on? they advise to bounce your brush three times in the powder if theres dry patches the bead is too dry and will set far too quickly, when you put the bead off dont wipe your brush r if you do dip it back into the monomer so its saturated but not enough to flood the cuticles as if your brush is dry it will dry the bead out making it hard to manipulate. if your bead and brush is dry its going to set too quickly resulting in being bumpy, if theyre slightly wetter but not too wet then youll be able to get a smoother finish.

Get a practise hand off ebay and literally just keep following the method and try, try again that's what I'm doing. I keep going through my course materials and get each step better before I move on. Videos are great but make sure they are helping and not helping you pick up bad habits so ensure they are good like the one posted above. I do find it a little awful you have no support from your training though, it's in their interest for you to feel confident in your application, not only for safety (obviously) but you'd be more likely to recommend the course to other people. Best of luck lovely, keep at it!

Get a practise hand off ebay and literally just keep following the method and try, try again that's what I'm doing. I keep going through my course materials and get each step better before I move on. Videos are great but make sure they are helping and not helping you pick up bad habits so ensure they are good like the one posted above. I do find it a little awful you have no support from your training though, it's in their interest for you to feel confident in your application, not only for safety (obviously) but you'd be more likely to recommend the course to other people. Best of luck lovely, keep at it!
My trainer wants £108 for a 2 hour lesson, it may be worth it but not sure if a 2 hour lesson would be worth it

My trainer wants £108 for a 2 hour lesson, it may be worth it but not sure if a 2 hour lesson would be worth it

have a look at kirsty meakins and then have a practice then decide if you need the further two ours, honestly theres some amazing nail techs out there on youtube and they really do help

theres a support group on facebook called nail tech network and theyre bloody amazing with any help you need, have a look on there

Who is your educator? Did they go through bead ratio with you? Rather than applying it to a nail, print off a bead practice sheet and just practice placing different sized beads until you get them consistent.

have a look at kirsty meakins and then have a practice then decide if you need the further two ours, honestly theres some amazing nail techs out there on youtube and they really do help
Thanks for ur help

Who is your educator? Did they go through bead ratio with you? Rather than applying it to a nail, print off a bead practice sheet and just practice placing different sized beads until you get them consistent.
It was nsi, I will try practicing beads thanks

Latest posts

Back