Acrylic odour-REM concorde desk-is it worth buying?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic77

Reaction score
I know this has been done before but can anyone really clarify are the following worth buying to reduce odour?
Can anyone help - we are trialling Gelish ProHesion and CND Retention + Acrylic and the smell is unbearable my therapist is getting side effects!!! Any tips on odour/vapour reduction? We are disposing of waste after every client however its a pedal bin so I'm worried weather I need to change bins to one with a push down lid that has tighter seal - I'm getting carried away? We also keep lid on happen dish liquid .... my therapist has been wiping her liquid on to a paper towel -( .... as of this am she will only be wiping onto gauze soaked into Scrub fresh (thanks to SG post) - does this change really reduce the odour by 70% as stated (I'm hoping so). Is it worth investing in the REM Concorde Nail Station or the Vortex Nail station both have a built in filter and suction hood over the working area - anyone using these at the moment and do they reduce the odour significantly? They are expensive so I don't want to purchase one unless it actually does what it states....... some threads on here have said manicure tables with vents do nothing but Ive been advised these could be tables without the air filter system. We are trialling CND retention and Gelish proHesion - anyone working with these and are they know in the Biz as especially odorous compared to other brands? Ive read that CND has a relativley low odour but my therapist thinks its worse than Gelish.... I've read nothing on net re odour of Gelish..... so again hoping its due to the fact she hasn't been working smartly as should have been. I really don't want to have to opt with the odourless acrylics or the Gel enhancements but if I can't get on top of these smells its either those or ditch all enhancements -(. Im really hoping its just a case of working more smartly, getting in the nail station mentioned above and extra training at our brand of choice CND or Gelish. I know your all busy bees but any help would be appreciated as we are feeling very overwhelmed.
Thanks in advance x

I know this has been done before but can anyone really clarify are the following worth buying to reduce odour?
Can anyone help - we are trialling Gelish ProHesion and CND Retention + Acrylic and the smell is unbearable my therapist is getting side effects!!! Any tips on odour/vapour reduction? We are disposing of waste after every client however its a pedal bin so I'm worried weather I need to change bins to one with a push down lid that has tighter seal - I'm getting carried away? We also keep lid on happen dish liquid .... my therapist has been wiping her liquid on to a paper towel -( .... as of this am she will only be wiping onto gauze soaked into Scrub fresh (thanks to SG post) - does this change really reduce the odour by 70% as stated (I'm hoping so). Is it worth investing in the REM Concorde Nail Station or the Vortex Nail station both have a built in filter and suction hood over the working area - anyone using these at the moment and do they reduce the odour significantly? They are expensive so I don't want to purchase one unless it actually does what it states....... some threads on here have said manicure tables with vents do nothing but Ive been advised these could be tables without the air filter system. We are trialling CND retention and Gelish proHesion - anyone working with these and are they know in the Biz as especially odorous compared to other brands? Ive read that CND has a relativley low odour but my therapist thinks its worse than Gelish.... I've read nothing on net re odour of Gelish..... so again hoping its due to the fact she hasn't been working smartly as should have been. I really don't want to have to opt with the odourless acrylics or the Gel enhancements but if I can't get on top of these smells its either those or ditch all enhancements -(. Im really hoping its just a case of working more smartly, getting in the nail station mentioned above and extra training at our brand of choice CND or Gelish. I know your all busy bees but any help would be appreciated as we are feeling very overwhelmed.
Thanks in advance x

I don't honestly think you'll ever eliminate the odour. It's part and parcel of acrylics. Most women don't mind the smell and some even like it! I'm assuming you have ventilation in your salon? In all the years I worked with this stuff, it never made me ill. Perhaps your tech is just not used to it yet, and is not wanting to change.

Latest posts

Back