acrylic on toenails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
EEK! a client has asked for acrylics on her toenails......ive never done this before so dont know where to start..

would i proceed the same as for the hands or is there a different way of doing it.?????

thanks guys

Peter Pan said:
EEK! a client has asked for acrylics on her toenails......ive never done this before so dont know where to start..

would i proceed the same as for the hands or is there a different way of doing it.?????

thanks guys

Hi Glynis!

Acrylic on toenails is very easy! :green:

In my opinion, I don't apply the enhancements at the same time as a pedicure- it is a separate appointment.

Proper PREP is extremely important- as many clients toenails are severely neglected (even more than their fingernails), and it is imperative to remove all non-living cuticle to prevent lifting.

I have many ac toenail requests - especially Forever French- here is a picture of one client (attachment).

Go for it- and have fun!! Most toes are so teeny tiny that they are quick and easy to do!!

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• ForeverFrenchAcrylicToes.JPG
    ForeverFrenchAcrylicToes.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 2,686
Hi Melissa

They're great...I want them...

Did you just overlay the natural nail..I guess it would be better if the toenails have a bit of free edge to them?

Cheers

I've read this with great interest and wondered if i could ask some advice...

I had both of my big toe nails completely removed about 4 years ago (went badly ingrown after little un was born) is there anything i can do?

I'd love to wear sandles etc but feel very self concious and wondered if for nights out is there anything i can put on or over them to make them look "normal"?

Thanks in advance

Taz
x

nails@42ndstreet said:
Hi Melissa

They're great...I want them...

Did you just overlay the natural nail..I guess it would be better if the toenails have a bit of free edge to them?

Cheers

Thank you Cathie!

Yes, these are ac overlays- I used Retention+ and PC white and PC custom blend pink.

It is easier if the toenails have a free edge, however it is possible to sculpt extensions on some toenails... custom fitting the form may be needed...

Clients usually can go longer between maintenance appointments also- since toenails usually grow slower than fingernails... after a full set, I schedule the rebalance usually 4-5 weeks later- depends on placement/length of the smile line & extension...

They're great- I love doing them (sooo easy!! :D )

CreativeMad said:
I've read this with great interest and wondered if i could ask some advice...

I had both of my big toe nails completely removed about 4 years ago (went badly ingrown after little un was born) is there anything i can do?

I'd love to wear sandles etc but feel very self concious and wondered if for nights out is there anything i can put on or over them to make them look "normal"?

Thanks in advance

Taz
x

Hi Taz!

Sorry to hear you had to have them removed :cry:

Do you have any toenail at all- even a tiny bit growing? Or is the toe completely skin?

I had a client a few years ago that was an avid soccer player- throughout high school and college- and the (sad) result was that her big toe was practically stunted from growth... she had about 1/4 to 1/2 the normal length for a toenail.... I custom fit a performance form, applied Solar Oil to the exposed nail bed area (so the form wouldn't stick so well to the skin), and extended the length sculpting with ac.. removed the form and voila! She had a beautiful new toenail to match the rest.......

She went out the next day and bought NINE pairs of sandals!!! (She hadn't worn sandals in about 13 years) :green:

i am sure geeg did a post on creating a toenail where there was`nt one, or am i dreaming ?
i did a search for you but cant find it, perhaps geeg will see this and mention it again.

MissNailPro said:
Hi Glynis!

Acrylic on toenails is very easy! :green:

thanks for that melissa, which way would be eariest then scuplt or tips?

SHROPSHIREDAWN you were not dreaming!!!
Geek did a very intresting post about creating a toe nail ,type in missing toe nail into search and you will find it.
HTH

Hi Melissa

Nothing at all on either!! They did a good job of removing them and did say that they may grow back or may not.

Lorraine

Thanks for the search link, i will have a look later once little one is asleep, have a feeling that may need a tech to assist with this as could be a bit out of my depth!!

Thanks guys

Taz
x

:) L & P on toes looks great! but have you tried Brisa on toes it looks amazing and you can create the perfect french using the white paint on gel.

The great thing or the thing I loved most is it is so quick and very little blending is needed as the product is so thin. I have also tried especially as we all love perfect nails on our toes with both corners, if a client looses a corner of a nail you dont need the whole nail tip just cut the tip to size so it just covers the corner and blend it flush to the natural nail. This saves having to find the right size tip to fit the whole nail, which on a big toe is pretty difficult, however Designer Nails has a nail which is big called the big thumb .

If you find it a little difficult on the little toes use the White Sculpting Gel with the sculpting brush let the gel settle first then work it. I found this easier and I had more control especially as some clients hardly have any nail.

Hope this helps to give you all a different spin on the perfect french for toes.

Diane x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back