Acrylic overlay on fibreglass?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmie Lou FLC

Reaction score
Would acrylic take to fibreglass? I want thin strong acrylic and thought of laying fibreglass first then applying acrylic. Rather than gluing the fibreglass, would the acrylic substitute?
Tia!

Would acrylic on its own not provide you with the strength you need?

Would acrylic on its own not provide you with the strength you need?

I have very long stilettos- I don't like them as thick as I need them.

Would acrylic take to fibreglass? I want thin strong acrylic and thought of laying fibreglass first then applying acrylic. Rather than gluing the fibreglass, would the acrylic substitute?
Tia!

You don't glue the fibreglass or silk down, they usually have a slightly tacky backing that helps secure them until you apply the resin. The resin then soaks into the mesh and bonds with the nail. There should be no need for any other product in the application of Silk/Fibreglass nails other than the resins within the system. There are different viscosities of resin, which you would use for stress areas, etc.

If you are not getting enough strength from the system then it's not the right product for the length/style you are trying to achieve. Personally I'd never try to create stillettoes/coffin with silk/fibreglass. It's more for overlays than extensions. It CAN be used for extensions but they are not as hardwearing.

I don't see how it makes sense to put acrylic over fibreglass. I can't think of a single justification for it. It's a bit random.

Remove the fibreglass and just do acrylic or if you don't like how that feels then stick with fibreglass.

I know what you mean , on so you am want to use acrylic instead of resin on your fibreglass fabric ? To add extra strength? I never tried it but now that you mentioned it I gonna experiment! I love doing random experiments.

I have done this with gel by the was and fiberglass and it did work well !

Latest posts

Back