Acrylic P&W - how do you apply

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larnie

Reaction score
Been reading through old threads today and noticed on a few threads that some people when doing P&W apply the white to all the nails first and then do the pink. I trained to do each nail at a time, so just wondered how many of you do the white first then the pink.
Would have started a poll but couldn't find how to do it.

I normally do the pink first, then the white, i find it easier to create the smile this way, I would do the pink and white on each finger and once 5 were done I would do the clear then the same with the other hand.

I do reverse application so after my prep i put my forms on (10mins)
I start to acrylic my pinks one after another until all 10 are done, then I do all the whites.
It is quicker as you are not waiting for drying or swapping and changing around.:green:

:)I had no idea there was a technique to doing pinks then whites - i have always done white then pink. Cant imagine how you do this at all!

PREP
Forms on the 4 fingers of one hand
Apply each nail in full.. white then pink...
then do the other fingers on the other hand
then do the thumbs last..

my ladys all need to have a hand free at any one time so they can answer their cells lol

PREP
Forms on the 4 fingers of one hand
Apply each nail in full.. white then pink...
then do the other fingers on the other hand
then do the thumbs last..

my ladys all need to have a hand free at any one time so they can answer their cells lol

Thats how I do it, except at moment using tips

Thats how I do it, except at moment using tips

I did my Brisa Cert first and thats the procedure I was taught.. so I carried it over to L&P ... works for me thou :lol: I find if I don't keep one of their hands free and their phone goes off.. u can see the tension build on their face as they cant answer it lmao.

i usually do all whies first then do all pinks.

on nailbiters i usually do reverse application, all pinks first then all whites.

This might sound silly question but how do you do pinks first? How do u not go over the area you will be putting the smile.

I do the white first & then go back & do the pink!! :)

This might sound silly question but how do you do pinks first? How do u not go over the area you will be putting the smile.

Hi Larnie,

Young nails has a very detailed videotutorial on their website on how to do a reverse! Take a look!

Young Nails templates/video

HTH

thanks for videoclip, interesting :lol:

thanks for the video clip link xx

* I do all the whites First then go back and do the pink but I know in tapes like Tammy Taylors she does each nail white then pink~

Video clip was really informative - thanks

Thanks for the link, I'm gonna be playing tonight!

Sam x

Yes very interesting video clip.
I do pink first then white on each finger then move onto next one. This is how ive been shown on my Vctc course ive just finshed.

Been reading through old threads today and noticed on a few threads that some people when doing P&W apply the white to all the nails first and then do the pink. I trained to do each nail at a time, so just wondered how many of you do the white first then the pink.
Would have started a poll but couldn't find how to do it.
Hello chuck .. i was tought that u do the white then the pink on 1 finger at a time, there is loads of diff ways that different courses train u. i think to be honest its wot ever u feel more comfortable with . xx emily xx

I do all my white first then my pink......I find that I get my smiles better by doing it this way..........

I was taught to do my white first then the pink on each finger then move on .......

but found through experience that doing all 10 of my white first then going back and doing my pink was working a whole lot faster for me personally.....

Latest posts

Back