Acrylic paint and Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
I've been asked to create strawberry nail art for a client which I know how to do but I'm testing it on a colour pop and the acrylic paint is just wiping off whenever I touch the pop with the Nailart brush. I don't have a lime green (which she asked for) so I've mixed a dark green, white and a touch of yellow. I've never had this problem before but acrylic paint seems to be taking extra long to dry is this because I've mixed colours together? How long does acrylic paint take to dry properly? And does it take any longer with shellac. I'm using the acrylic paint on top of the inhibition layer, is this the right way to do it?

Firstly remove the inhibition layer, it will take longer to dry of a pop and acrylic paint will dry faster on a client as the heat from the hand helps, you can't do it thick, so layers might be better and as long as the paint your mixing is from the same company it should be ok

I've been asked to create strawberry nail art for a client which I know how to do but I'm testing it on a colour pop and the acrylic paint is just wiping off whenever I touch the pop with the Nailart brush. I don't have a lime green (which she asked for) so I've mixed a dark green, white and a touch of yellow. I've never had this problem before but acrylic paint seems to be taking extra long to dry is this because I've mixed colours together? How long does acrylic paint take to dry properly? And does it take any longer with shellac. I'm using the acrylic paint on top of the inhibition layer, is this the right way to do it?

I normally apply the acrylic paint onto a completed set of Shellac, so over the cured topcoat. Only because I can wipe the paint off if I don't like what I've done!

It normally takes around 1-2 mins to dry, before thinly top coating again, and curing.

Here are some I did over a completed set of Vinylux using acrylic paint ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382523404.788881.jpg

Hope this helps a bit! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you both! Great tips!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382542046.818500.jpg

I also complete the Shellac application with top coat if applying acrylic on top, but you may find it helps if you very lightly buff the top coat, literally to make it slightky matte before applying the acrylic - then top coating again (which brings back the shine) x

Latest posts

Back