Acrylic paint on my trousers!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that knows how to get acrylic paint out of clothing?

I spilt the paint on my favourite trousers (that are navy blue) :o ...it's dried really hard and I've washed them 4 times now....not budged, still there!!

This is great to know that my nail art will last lol...but not great that I can't get it out of my trousers :cry:

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

Jenny

Hi hunny

Acrylic paints are water based so it should come off if you soak it!

Hope this works!
Best wishes,

Jenny-Nails said:
Is there anyone out there that knows how to get acrylic paint out of clothing?

I spilt the paint on my favourite trousers (that are navy blue) :o ...it's dried really hard and I've washed them 4 times now....not budged, still there!!

This is great to know that my nail art will last lol...but not great that I can't get it out of my trousers :cry:

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

Jenny
Crikey love i've just read your message again (sorry i'm not really with it this morning!). Cant believe it hasnt come out after all that time. As i said they are water based so dont know why its not budging. I guess you've nothing to lose at this moment so maybe try a bit of white spirit?

Just did a quick goggle search for you and unfortunately there were no suggestions ... as a last resort maybe the dry cleaners to see if they could help??

Good luck
Tess

Thanks girls...will try the dry cleaners...then the white spirit.....:)

dont quote me on this but i think that you'll find that once the trousers have been to the dry cleaners, coz of the products they use, the white spirit will no longer work anyway! might be worth trying first?

Hi Girls

Yes acrylic paint is water based but for some unknown reason does not come off clothes - after many white work tops I now wear black.

Sorry

Heidi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back