Acrylic Paints over natural nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winky

Reaction score
Hi,

I've finally got the hang of doing handpainted nail art with acrylic paints. Usually i seal the designs with gel and even though i make sure to cap the fe, the gel gloss will usually peel off if there is a large design (like a french manicure) near the fe. I was also wondering if it is possible to use these paints on natural nails and if so, how do i do it? Do i paint straight on the nail and topcoat over it or must i put a basecoat first? Also, can i apply a color polish then paint and seal? Will this work or will it peel off just as airbrush does on natural nails?

I do handpainted nail art both on natural nails w/o polish and on polish. With no polish I just put down a basecoat first, then paint, then topcoat. I don't use gel to seal, just a good topcoat, and I haven't had problems with chipping or peeling.

just like veggie said

i find though i hafto put on quite a few layers of topcoat, id say at least 3 and then reapply every few days or so.

also, if the design extends to the edge, have to pay particular care to those as when i wash them these are the parts to lift first. i noticd with the acrylic paint that the whole part will chip with the exposed! i guess they like to stick together hm?

Very important to seal the edges with a good top coat. Go right under the free edge, and re-apply every 2 or 3 days. Ideal chance to retail a good top coat, "Out the Door" is pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back