Acrylic Problem?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a Newbie and have still not qualified yet. However, I do my own nails using tips & acrylic overlay. (Yes, I know I shouldn't but I've found I've learnt more doing my own than using the nail trainer).

Last night I filled my nails. Everything went fine but I find that around my cuticle where I have just filed and filled is more pink than the rest of the nail.

Do you think I've filed too much or not used enough acrylic? My nails are not sore in any way but just look slightly pink.

Your help would be appreciated. Doing a homelearn course and feeling a bit down about the whole process. :rolleyes: so needing some support, thanks.

Yvonne

Actually, doing your own nails is a great way to practice and to learn how the product behaves. There is no reason why you shouldn't do it.

1. The pinker look could be caused because the 'old' product on the nail has faded and the new product is 'new' so appears to be pinker. Many nail products do deteriorate quickly. Later on when you change to a higher end brand you will not encounter this problem.

2. You could have filed a little too much on your natural nail either prior to prep or durring the finishing process. Luckily your nails will grow out just fine and you will have learned a lesson.

Nothing replaces a bonified tutor with experience but Home Learn has its place for those who can't manage a class for whatever reason. The common scenario is though, that you will end up sooner or later taking a class and wishing that you had done it in the first place. There are exceptions to this, but from the many people I have spoken to, this has been a common occurance.

I think doing your own nails is a better idea I trained in Dublin about 5 years ago and they didn't use a nail trainer then so I learned on my own, I started to use the nail trainer for airbrushing and now think it is great but remember no matter what you practice on its still practice:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back