Acrylic removal, new client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautiqueSpa

Reaction score
A new customer came in today for an acrylic soak off. Not my work. Nails were beautiful but 4 weeks grown out and very long and the girl had lost one and had been travelling to her old home town to get them done as hadn’t found a new salon in her new home town that she liked yet, but after losing one today she found my salon to have them taken off right away.

After soaking and removing with a plastic doe foot cuticle pusher I noticed two of her natural nails had a tear in the top layers that was loose. I asked her if her nails had been infills or were virgin before this set. She said they were virgin before this set. Everything else looked in good knick.

My question is, could I have done that removing them with a plastic doe foot? I wasn’t pressing or digging in to her nail bed at all and made a point of being really gentle as I want to give my customers a quality service over a quick service.

I don’t think it was me but as I didn’t put the nails on I have no way of knowing if that was there prior or caused during application of prior set by filing too much natural nail away when buffing off the shine. She said it was a Asian type nail bar that she went to previously.

I suppose I’m just looking for some reassurance that my process of removal is correct and whether plastic doe foot pushers can actually be damaging to the nail bed the same as metal pushers,

I have removed a few sets of nails done by myself on my clients but not had this issue so far so a bit perplexed as to the why and just want to check it’s not my technique that has damaged her nails.

I do not think this was your pusher being problem, plastic cuticle pusher and metal pusher can make dent in nail but most of time microscopic and not visible easy. It is true wood cuticle stick is most gentle for removal but I do not think you did this unless you were very rough in removal as my whole workplace use metal to remove without any visible damage. Only time we see damage is from overbuff nail prep or if a girl pull nail off herself.
It sound to me like maybe the technician who apply the nails rough buff the nail too much before apply acrylic. Only if you are forceful scrubbing the acrylic off nail then it can be you. If you removed normally and acrylic falls off smoothly without a lot hard pressure scrubbing then is probably not you.:)

It’s a difficult one and opinions on here vary....
I personally never remove or infill anyone else’s work. I haven’t a clue what product has been used or what’s under it.
However others feel that you can gain a loyal and regular client if you do.
I doubt you did the damage.

it could be that because she had them on for 4 weeks without maintenance the weight of the nail is not balanced and she may have knocked it without realising, causing the acrylic to force the top layer of nail off, hence why you'll see that fracture/tear across the nail.

Thank you for the reassurance everyone. That's made me feel better xx

Latest posts

Back