Acrylic shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I just wondered if any of you could tell me how you personally get a nice high shine to your acrylics that last until infills?

Thanks
:)

I tend to use a clear gel topcoat. Saves a lot of time for me and the client as not say there buffing for ages and also it lasts.

I use NSI Glaze & Go xx

Ive been using dual coat by harmony,, its shiny to start but find it goes a bit dull after a while. Am i doing something wrong or is glaze n go really shiny? x

I find the most consistent and glossliest shine is the old fashioned way...

By reducing the grit sizes gradually until you have a mirror smooth nail that outshines any topcoat

Exactly as envy said, by redusing grit and then 3 way buffer!x

Nfu.Oh Top coat + Nfu.Oh Diamond Quick shiner 2 step buffer ;)

Ive been using dual coat by harmony,, its shiny to start but find it goes a bit dull after a while. Am i doing something wrong or is glaze n go really shiny? x

Glaze'n'go is REALLY shiny and keeps its mirror shine till the next fill. It's a fab product, I've used it for years.

However not all clients want such a fab shine. . . for instance it's easier to see the re-growth when it comes through as the nail is matte against the mega-watt shine of the Glaze'n'go

So for some clients I do sometimes use the "old fashioned" method as mentioned in other posts, reducing grits down and buffing to a shine . . . but anyone who has used Glaze'n'go will know that the old fashioned method, while being fab, can't compete with the glassy shine offered by this product (and no I don't work for them lol)

Glaze & go its fab:)

. . . but anyone who has used Glaze'n'go will know that the old fashioned method, while being fab, can't compete with the glassy shine offered by this product (and no I don't work for them lol)
Pop over anytime and I'll be glad to show you how to get a liquid gloss finish without top coat ;)

Pop over anytime and I'll be glad to show you how to get a liquid gloss finish without top coat ;)

I wish I could pop over so you could show me :( x

Does the NSI Glaze & Go yellow at all?

I have the salon services extreme gloss uv gel. Has anyone used both that can compare? X

i find that with the dual coat or anything i put on that isnt gel polish based, but i learnt you would need to re apply a normal top coat around every 5 days to keep the shine going i inform my clients of this if they just have a standard top coat.

other then that i do old fash as mentioned reducing grit and getting a mega high shine using the best high shine buffer ive come across by Nail Harmony its amazing!

But normally will use Gelish TIO for a small nominal charge on top.

Does the NSI Glaze & Go yellow at all?

I have the salon services extreme gloss uv gel. Has anyone used both that can compare? X

I have always used glaze n go and its fab! And no it doesn't yellow at all :D

When doing to good ole fashion way, do you use buffing cream, or do you just file and buff? X

GLAZE & GO all my clients love it and ask for it by name also ez-flow uv30 is a good one but glaze & go is the best :D

GLAZE & GO all my clients love it and ask for it by name also ez-flow uv30 is a good one but glaze & go is the best :D

Seems like Glaze & Go is the way forward! Haha x

I tend to use a clear gel topcoat. Saves a lot of time for me and the client as not say there buffing for ages and also it lasts.

Me to love gel uv top coats x

I use Glaze n Go for most of my clients and for those who don't want the gel top coat, I use the old fashioned way by reducing grits and then use a high shine buffer to get that lovely glass top finish.

I believe every tech should know how to bring L & P to a high shine by filing/buffing, I think you need to know how to do all these 'old fashioned' ways before going on and taking short cuts with other products, for example gel top coats, using an e-file but not knowing how to file or what the correct grit to use for the rebalance etc.

Could you imagine getting to the end of the service and finding you don't have any gel top coat left and having to tell your client that you don't know how to get a high shine any other way.....wouldn't look very pro would it:)

I use Glaze n Go for most of my clients and for those who don't want the gel top coat, I use the old fashioned way by reducing grits and then use a high shine buffer to get that lovely glass top finish.

I believe every tech should know how to bring L & P to a high shine by filing/buffing, I think you need to know how to do all these 'old fashioned' ways before going on and taking short cuts with other products, for example gel top coats, using an e-file but not knowing how to file or what the correct grit to use for the rebalance etc.

Could you imagine getting to the end of the service and finding you don't have any gel top coat left and having to tell your client that you don't know how to get a high shine any other way.....wouldn't look very pro would it:)

Thank you. I totally agree, hence the reason for asking. When we were shown at college many moons ago they were cheap and nasty buffers and no one ever got a high shine!!!

Latest posts

Back