acrylic toenails????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lauren

Reaction score
hi everybody, i'm new to this site and have a question!
:?: A client has asked me if i can do acrylic enhancements on her toenails. She has "read in a magazine" that enhancements on ingrowing toenails will sort 'em out. :pukeoff:
I'm not convinced.
:? Does anyone out there know anything about this?
Thankyou geekettes!!

Lauren :flower:

Lauren, I have been doing Ac toes for a long time, just started to do gels on toes,too. :rolleyes: Even tho I do not do pedis, yuk. If you do them, make sure they are short, and you don't have to fill them like fingers. Once a month maybe. Its easier for me to do Ac than gels, kinda weird fitting toes in your lamp LOL
Barb

lauren said:
She has "read in a magazine" that enhancements on ingrowing toenails will sort 'em out. :pukeoff:
I'm not convinced.
Dont be... an ingrown toe nail is where a spike or uneven edge of the plate grows out and pushes into the folds... It then causes a corn in the fold...

When you enhance a nail... you cant enhance the side of the plate so I doubt it would sort this...

Though...

Aside from that there is little else worng with it... other than feet are in a very ripe environment for funky growth....

Would you be inclined to stay away from doing this then?

Adele

My toenails have to be PPERFECT.

Here in Spain when going barefoot it is easy to bash one and break the corner of a natural nail so I always wear an overlay on my big toenails to keep them perfect. In fact if I damage any toenail, I immediately have it enhanced or sculpted so it is perfect again with Retention+.

Jo Carlisle does my pSpaPedicure every 3 weeks and whatever else is necessary to keep my feet looking like my hands.

I have never had an infection under a toenail enhancement and we only rebalance every 6 weeks or so.

thanks for your advice everybody!

i used myself as a guinea pig yesterday, as i had a massive chunk missing from my big toenail, i used a performance form and it worked! i can get my flip flops back out now, although i had to get into some strange contorsions to do it!
i was also wondering, would a forever french on all the toes be o.k, not unwise because of pressure in shoes?

and i suppose i would need to keep a seperate brush, and would i charge the same for toes as for fingers?

sorry loads of questions, i know, but i dont want to a perform a service until i know more about it.

can anybody recommend a source of info?? :study:

thankyou so much,

lauren :flower:

lauren said:
i was also wondering, would a forever french on all the toes be o.k, not unwise because of pressure in shoes?

and i suppose i would need to keep a seperate brush, and would i charge the same for toes as for fingers?

Dont see why you couldnt do a french application on the toes. It wouldnt increase the pressure on the nails (unless you were meaning with french tips... then that would depend on the C-Curve of the toe nails)

As far as the seperate brush... I dont see why you would need another. Monomer liquid is 'Self Disinfecting'... that means that pathogens cant survive in monome liquid.

Hope this helps...

yes it does,

thankyou :D

lauren

Hi Lauren,
I charge $5.00 a nail for toes. Some gals don't have pinky toe nails. Or they just want Biggie done. I do P/W usally. As for the fill in, its only done
1 time @mo.So,its $35. for that. I have never used a tip or form, mine are overlaid, you can extend it a little on the toe. Its a pain to do back fill,
but, it can be done. I also put jewels on the smile line. Wow, then we have Sexy Toes ! :D When I lived in the South it was a yr around thing,
or in Ca. here where we have winter,its only Summer,for it. I first saw Tammy Taylor Nails do it. Its been a great add on since. Its fun. :D
Barb [/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back