Acrylic Toenails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuZou

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this discussion forum (and this site). Please could anyone tell me or point to existing threads regarding Acrylic Toenails? I particularly need info on the best way to soak them off. I've been using those Finger Spas on the small toes, but I'm having problems soaking the big toe. It will prove costly if I have to resort to soaking all the toes in a bowl, as I have to use large volumes of acetone! Any additional info on the pros/cons of using Acrylic on toenails would be gratefully received.

hi

hmm did you have a question??

I've managed to get the whole of my question published. Please see original message. Cheers!

SuZou said:
I've managed to get the whole of my question published. Please see original message. Cheers!

Hiya

Right pop a small square of cotton pad in some tip remover and place on the buffed nail, wrap a square of tinfoil around the toes, repeat on all toes. Place in booties or wrap in a towel leave for 20 mins, job done.

...Little Angel - for a prompt response and such a clever idea!

SuZou said:
Hi I'm new to this discussion forum (and this site). Please could anyone tell me or point to existing threads regarding Acrylic Toenails? I particularly need info on the best way to soak them off. I've been using those Finger Spas on the small toes, but I'm having problems soaking the big toe. It will prove costly if I have to resort to soaking all the toes in a bowl, as I have to use large volumes of acetone! Any additional info on the pros/cons of using Acrylic on toenails would be gratefully received.
you need a soak off bowl, its like a plastic bottle with 2 indents in the side. you fill the bottle with hot water and you pour the acetone into the bowl shaped indents. if you roll up a towel and put your soak off thingy in front of it on the floor the client can rest her heels on the towel and dip her toes into the acetone.takes no more acetone than a fingernail soak off. :biggrin:

Thanks...

...but can you tell me the name of this 'soak off bowl' and where I could get one from please?

Cheers!

hi

fiona sells them " naturalnails" pm her and she'll sort you out we use them for fingers and its great.

You may find the way Little Angel explained with the foil method will be a little more comfortable for the client - especially if cramp sets in the feet. LOL

Little Angel said:
hi

fiona sells them " naturalnails" pm her and she'll sort you out we use them for fingers and its great.
Hi Tracy

Sorry but I'm really new to the Nail industry and I don't know who Fiona is (Natural Nails). Does she have a website, email address please?

Cheers
SuZou

Cheers Debs - your a star*

hi

you can also use the private message facility on this site thats what i meant by pm she is under the name of natural nails

Oh ok, cheers for that. I'm a bit of a 'rooky' when it comes to using discussion forums, so I'm still learning the lingo.

Hiya,

Just like to add my two pence worth!!
I also find the easiest way (for both the client and myself) is to soak off the acrylic using the tinfoil method, you hardly use any product and its so much easier than any other way i have tried. I find that wrapping my clients feet with warm towels helps too as the heat speeds up the process.

Michelle.

totaly ,to apply heat to the acetone soaked cotton balls and foil ......also try paraffin. the heat makes the acetone work faster.

guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back