Acrylic vs gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemarmalade

Reaction score
Acrylic or Gel, which do you all prefer and why? [emoji4]

I like both depending on the client as they suit different people. Acrylic on myself as always end up snapping gels but I have some clients that don't get on with acrylic and only have gel

Exactly. I think it's nice to offer both. They are suitable for different needs.

I personally love acrylic on myself, but never had a client request it before! Lots of people I know have it in their heads that it totally destroys the natural nail unfortunately [emoji85]

I personally love acrylic on myself, but never had a client request it before! Lots of people I know have it in their heads that it totally destroys the natural nail unfortunately [emoji85]

Hi, I've only ever had acrylics once and it really did wreck my nails after (granted it was from the typical 'American Nails' shops). I've been too scared to ever have them again but are you saying nails should be fine afterwards? I'm deciding whether to go down the acrylic or hand gel route to start with.

Thanks x

Absolutely! Your nails will just be slightly softer afterwards but keep putting oil or a moisturiser on them and they'll be fine [emoji4]

If you pick the acrylic or gel off and don't get them removed properly by the nail technician they will more than likely break and become very weak and sore!

Absolutely! Your nails will just be slightly softer afterwards but keep putting oil or a moisturiser on them and they'll be fine [emoji4]

If you pick the acrylic or gel off and don't get them removed properly by the nail technician they will more than likely break and become very weak and sore!

Oh that's great, I really did not know that. I keep watching Youtube tutorials and so many have acrylics and I'm thinking why are you doing that to your nails. If I remember correctly mine were filed off with a drill. Will be learning them after Christmas so be very interesting to learn the college / behind with the times way. x

Acrylic nails do not damage nails. Over buffing of nail plate. Incorrect removal. Poor product and poor after care does.

Acrylic or Gel, which do you all prefer and why? [emoji4]
Always acrylics I just finding it easier to sculpt a nail with acrylic instead of gel.

Latest posts

Back