Acrylic V's Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a.denning

Reaction score
I was just reading an artical about acrylic V's Gel and the writer, baciclt said that acrylic was BAD and the only way to go is Gel, I myself prefer Acrylic. Here is a bit of what she wrote on each, please feel free to give me your thoughs on each.
ACRYLIC
Acrylics are VERY hard and unflexable. Most people (including myself) knock their nails on something, wether its the car door, or even typing on the keyboard. All these shocks and knocks will loosen the chemical bonder (the primer or glue) which eventually detiorates. Because acrylic is so hard, the whole lot will snap off and then your nail is broken. Most of the time the natural nail is damaged with the knock and then if you apply the acrylic over the top to fix the nail you keep damaging the natural nail and it doesnt get a chance to heal itself.
Even if you are one of the very few ones who doesnt stress your nails and they last the 3 - 4 weeks, constant use of the primer/bonder and the suffocating effect of the Acrylic on your nail will damage your natural nail plate, so if you decided to take your Acrylic offs later, your nails will be very thin and damaged, and will take an average of 6 months to grow back to the healthy nails you had before they were put on.

GEL
Gel Nails are like a gel (as in one you would put in your hair) and they cure (go hard)under a UV lamp. You can actually buy different types (Bio Sculpture make one called "S Gel" which is just as hard as acrylic), including coloured Gel which is great for toes! You can have french, clear, or coloured and they are applied over the natural nail without damaging the nail plate. The other bonus is that i personally think that they look more natural than acrylic as they arent so thick and they are super shiny.

What a complete load of balderdash :lol:!

I could write an essay on how many stupid and unfactual things have been said in the article.

Someone has an agenda!! :rolleyes:

There is another thread about this somewhere, was started a few weeks ago, discusing the same ebay auctions.

I was just reading an artical about acrylic V's Gel and the writer, baciclt said that acrylic was BAD and the only way to go is Gel, I myself prefer Acrylic. Here is a bit of what she wrote on each, please feel free to give me your thoughs on each.
ACRYLIC
Acrylics are VERY hard and unflexable. Most people (including myself) knock their nails on something, wether its the car door, or even typing on the keyboard. All these shocks and knocks will loosen the chemical bonder (the primer or glue) which eventually detiorates. Because acrylic is so hard, the whole lot will snap off and then your nail is broken. Most of the time the natural nail is damaged with the knock and then if you apply the acrylic over the top to fix the nail you keep damaging the natural nail and it doesnt get a chance to heal itself.
Even if you are one of the very few ones who doesnt stress your nails and they last the 3 - 4 weeks, constant use of the primer/bonder and the suffocating effect of the Acrylic on your nail will damage your natural nail plate, so if you decided to take your Acrylic offs later, your nails will be very thin and damaged, and will take an average of 6 months to grow back to the healthy nails you had before they were put on.

GEL
Gel Nails are like a gel (as in one you would put in your hair:rolleyes:) and they cure (go hard)under a UV lamp. You can actually buy different types (Bio Sculpture make one called "S Gel" which is just as hard as acrylic???? no way would i agree with this !), including coloured Gel which is great for toes! You can have french, clear, or coloured and they are applied over the natural nail without damaging the nail plate. The other bonus is that i personally think that they look more natural than acrylic as they arent so thick and they are super shiny.

Hmmmm i wouldnt believe EVERYTHING you read !

What bizarre comments !

Gel like hair gel???? wtf? Even if she has an adgenda she's not that well educated on her choosen subject.

What a complete load of balderdash :lol:!

I could write an essay on how many stupid and unfactual things have been said in the article.

Someone has an agenda!! :rolleyes:

Here Here I couldn't have said it any better :lol:

Latest posts

Back