Acrylic vs Polygel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subo

Reaction score
What's the pros and cons for both please?
What do you prefer working with?
What do your clients prefer?
Which is easiest to remove etc.

I use CJP acrylic and IkoniQ Polytek and like both.

Pros and cons wise they can both take the knocks and both file easily. Acrylic has the advantage of being soak off if necessary whist the Polytek is a buff off product. In this hot weather Polytek has the advantage that it doesn’t set up too fast like acrylic can, you can take as long as you like as it won’t set till cured. It doesn’t smell either.

I have found that clients who have base acrylics under a gel polish are keen to try it and generally don’t swap back to acrylic.

Polytek is less prone to lifting on folks who leave their infills too long, perhaps because of its extra flexibility.

Acrylics have colours and glitters for design work and is great for 3D work.

Thank you for your great reply. That's very helpful. Iv booked in for the ikon iq polytek course but I need to know how to convince clients to ditch acrylic and switch to this

I just started wearing it and kept going on infills. That did the trick! I think they didn’t expect it to last but it certainly did.

I think clients are relatively easy and fine with a switchover of any product if you educate them and explain why you love a new product and what benefits it has over the other one.

I think clients are relatively easy and fine with a switchover of any product if you educate them and explain why you love a new product and what benefits it has over the other one.
That's what I'm thinking. I just need to know what to say to them to get them to switch from acrylic

It’s just as strong, hypoallergenic and kinder to natural nails - on mine they looked less dehydrated when I took it off for a look-see.

Subo,
It depends what relationship you have to each customer. If they have known you a while, they will accept your advice. New customers, especially from NSS, will probably not. So give them time :)

We converted all our acrylic customers in our salon. We simply told them it is a new type of material that is a gel-acrylic hybrid and wears as long as acrylic. But it is healthier for them and us, because it doesn't have chemical vapours. We also offered to remove free and provide acrylic again if they were not happy. After 4 weeks, none wanted to go back to acrylic. They love POLYTEK! These were all clients that are really hard on their nails.

If you need help to explain stuff like this, you can always contain me in our group or drop me a PM. Always happy to help xx

Subo,
It depends what relationship you have to each customer. If they have known you a while, they will accept your advice. New customers, especially from NSS, will probably not. So give them time :)

We converted all our acrylic customers in our salon. We simply told them it is a new type of material that is a gel-acrylic hybrid and wears as long as acrylic. But it is healthier for them and us, because it doesn't have chemical vapours. We also offered to remove free and provide acrylic again if they were not happy. After 4 weeks, none wanted to go back to acrylic. They love POLYTEK! These were all clients that are really hard on their nails.

If you need help to explain stuff like this, you can always contain me in our group or drop me a PM. Always happy to help xx
Thanks bob. I'm looking forward to my training

Latest posts

Back