Acrylic with gel chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodiejane

Reaction score
I am currently training as a nail tech and have been doing acrylic nails using the dip acrylic method with gel over the top, however, I am finding that the gel is chipping after the first few days. I am prepping the nails by buffing them and using phc connect and I am capping the edges and can't think of any other reason why it could be happening. Pictures attached x

Attachments

• IMG_7036.JPG
    IMG_7036.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7037.JPG
    IMG_7037.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 64
What brand top coat is it x

Ive not heard of that one sorry maybe try a different top coat just to rule that out

Ive not heard of that one sorry maybe try a different top coat just to rule that out
It's a pure gel that usually works perfect when I'm doing overlays on natural nails last 3 weeks no chipping. Just not sure why it's different with acrylics, thanks anyway will give another top coat a try!

Sorry i couldn't help more

Are you buffing the acrylics? 180 grit is sufficient and let's the gel adhere to the acrylic

Are you buffing the acrylics? 180 grit is sufficient and let's the gel adhere to the acrylic
I use a white buffer block to buff them, is that maybe not buffing them enough?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that gel polish is not compatible with dip systems, so perhaps it would depend on the type of gel. I.E. a soak off may not adhere well...

Latest posts

Back