Acrylic yellowing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Hi all,I qualified in acrylics around 6yrs ago,but only really did a few sets of acrylics here and there after,before giving up work to start a family.Last year I returned to nails part time around family commitments and have solely been offering the Gellux service,which has been very successful & I feel very confident in.However I now feel ready to tackle acrylics again,so have enlisted a friend to play Guinea pig! I am using nsi attract system & a week ago I applied white tip extensions.After two days she rang tosay one had "pinged off"...i was thinking maybe I had applied too thin,so I returned to apply more acrylic.I removed pearly polish I had used and buffed,scrubbed with blue stuff,can't remember its name....nsi stuff,lol,then applied another layer of acrylic.A few days later on seeing her nails,I can see they have yellowed,some more than others and def the acrylic,not surface staining.What could have caused this? Brand new monomer,brand new cleaned with monomer brush??

I have booked a one and one day with nsi educators and other than this friend will leave alone for now!!

Did u say u applied pinky pearly polish over? That's the culprid sorry.
It's happened to me and clients who have that pigment and not just nsi it happens with a lot of other brand houses I have used with that colour.
Goes orangy tinged yellow.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Sorry misread ur post u never said pink only pearl.
But this happened with my trial pack of attraction I kept in other salon for years.
Is the powder old?
You said your brush is new?
Sound like contamination can make that happen.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Hi...all newly opened products,clear acrylic.On first set,I applied a pearly/iridescent (spell check!?) Coat of polish on top...is it possible if this was not completely removed,it could have caused the problem? Xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi...all newly opened products,clear acrylic.On first set,I applied a pearly/iridescent (spell check!?) Coat of polish on top...is it possible if this was not completely removed,it could have caused the problem? Xx

Yes it is. Any traces of polish left on the nail will yellow when it comes into contact with monomer .. so will primer if is on top of the old acrylic (remember primer should only go onto the natural nail).

Ahh polish it was then!! Didn't use primer over acrylic.Valuable lesson learnt! Thanks ladies xx

Latest posts

Back