Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyJoci

Reaction score
Acrylic: I'm really struggling to apply acrylic in three sections without making it dusty and not clear, also making it smooth at cuticle area :/

Practice picking up beads Tammy Taylor has a great practice sheet you can down load, print and laminate to help you learn bead practice. X

Acrylic: I'm really struggling to apply acrylic in three sections without making it dusty and not clear, also making it smooth at cuticle area :/
MissyJoci - how long have you been doing this? Have you trained? Just trying to get a picture of where you're at! My son goes to school in Harrogate!!!

You mention it looks "dusty" - is that once you have mixed your l&p? It could possibly be your mix ratio, hence it not looking clear. Practice your mix ratio - Candy86 above has mention some sheets to use to do this, I remember using these sheets years ago at the creative academy - not sure if S2 still have these? X

You mention it looks "dusty" - is that once you have mixed your l&p? It could possibly be your mix ratio, hence it not looking clear. Practice your mix ratio - Candy86 above has mention some sheets to use to do this, I remember using these sheets years ago at the creative academy - not sure if S2 still have these? X
We do indeed although I think they will be updated!!!! Thanks beautyxperts.

I had same problem until i started applying my bead at the cuticle and then working toward the free edge.. I still practice the other way for my practical.

I start cuticle to free edge and generally use two beads if I can even one sometimes I use a big old brush. I use millennium or nsi for acrylics. Just practice. These days though, most of my clients prefer liquid gel now

I still to this date cannot always create an acrylic enhancement using the 3 ball method. I know what my objective is the shape and length of the nail Im going to sculpt and depending on the size of the nail plate as to how I will apply the acrylic. I don't believe there is a right or wrong way, it is whatever works for you. Practice your bead consistency, the size of the brush and the amount of liquid left in the brush will determine how much acrylic you will pickup. The acrylic nail needs to be flush at the base of the nail near the (PNF also known as the cuticle) with the thickness build hip at the stress area tapering out to a very thin edge. The 'C' and shape will give the acrylic nail its strength. GOOD LUCK and don't give up there's some videos on U tube as I seen others also mention this .

Latest posts

Back