Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone could help, ive only recently qualified in the gel system but have booked an acrylic course for the 19th June.

I do my friends nails and its a nightmare they dont seem to last any longer than a few days sometimes she does pick them but other times they 'just fall off' even when i take extra time making sure ive done everything correctly. She re-assures me that she does look after them even though she can be quite clumsy! but i mentioned to her that im doing an acrylic course in june and maybe we should try them but she replied 'no way they will ruin my nails everyone says that'.??? only being newly qualified is this correct?

So i dont know where to go from here as i was hoping she could be an advertisement for me but they keep coming off!!!

Please help xxxx

I too am new to arylic and nails in general, (just passed my exam yesterday!) and also had this problem, but have been reassured by everyone on this site, that it's not the acrylic that damages the nails, it's if the nail technician is overfiling/blending, also it's clients insisting in picking/chewing their nails off. So go for the course, make sure you get loads of practice and reassure your friend that if they have damaged her nails in the past it's got nothing to do with the product that was applied, it's how it was applied. hope this helps. :o

Kellyc said:
.......but i mentioned to her that im doing an acrylic course in june and maybe we should try them but she replied 'no way they will ruin my nails everyone says that'.??? only being newly qualified is this correct?

I am surprised you did not find the answer to this when you did your course.

People say cars are dangerous but they are only a large chunk of metal - it is the drivers who make them dangerous.

Nails are only a chunk of plastic - how can this ruin anything - it is either a poor technician or a "picky" client who does the damage.

If the technician overfiles the natural nail when preparing them for the enhancements or nips off the product during maintenance then this will cause damage.

If the client picks her nails or is clumsy and causes them to come off with trauma - then this will cause damage.

Hopefully this will help to convince potential clients that it is not the nail enhancements which do the damage.

Thanks peeps, i did think that was the case but did start questionning it, i dont have problems with over blending (only smile lines) so i will stick to my original conclusion (shes clumsy!!) x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back