SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabrinajuliaj

Reaction score
I’m an esthetician and I’m thinking about going back to school to become a nail tech. I would want to self employ and go to my clients to do nails. I haven’t seen anything as far as techs doing acrylic or gel applications as a mobile nail tech. Please give me some insight on whether this is something I should look into and if it is, please let me know of any tips you might have. My biggest concern is the monomer fumes in clients homes. Thank you <3

Rather that acrylics, why not consider an acrylgel? This is a relatively new material that is a kind of cross between acrylic and gel. It applies like a pre-mixed acrylic, has no monomer fumes, and cures in a UV lamp. It is stronger than gel and is good also for customers who are hard on their nails. Because it is pre-mixed, you don't have to worry about learning the correct mix ration of liquid and powder as acrylics.

You can make overlays and extensions, so if you then include a good gel polish you have a lot of options to offer. Most of our customers have migrated from acrylics to acrylgel during the past year.

Sorry to jump on this post but what brand of acrygel do you recommend?

Ikon.iQ Nails Polytek is the future... as strong as acrylic with no odour and almost zero lifting (even on my most challenging clients!). It's a dream to apply, manufactured under strict EU regulations and hypoallergenic.

All my acrylics clients have switched to it and have fallen in love. I can't even remember the last time I did an acrylic set and I used to do them all the time.

Latest posts

Back