Acrylics...help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
I’m feeling so down in the dumps and fed up. I qualified in acrylics in May, and haven’t done them a lot since, not back to back anyway. The odd set here and there (I work in a salon so do other treatments too so not always available) and I had a set in yesterday. My boss wants me to charge full price now..... (not comfortable with this) anyway the girl yesterday was lovely, suffered with anxiety and she seemed happy with her nails, and the colour choice (I wasn’t a fan) she complained saying some tips didn’t fit right, the colour is patchy(glitter on top of a colour), they look grown out, and two have chipped.... very upset about this as I spent so long on them. She said I was lovely but wanted a re fund which is fair enough!!! I just feel deflated. Will I ever improve😢 or should I just give up. Second complaint to my boss about acrylics now. It’s the only service that seems to be letting me down 😭 I enjoy doing nails so much but I want to let it go because I’m Clearly not good at acrylics!!

It doesn’t mean you aren’t good it means you need to push back to your boss and suggest making your nails non refundable but with free fixes or a reduced price until you are more confident. Refunding when they know you are new isnt cool. I had a lovely set of nails by a newbie and I was her first client in a salon, she was totally confident and although they didnt last as long as they And mention to each client that if anything isnt up to scratch that they tell you as and when it’s happening so you can do something about it. Eg if the tips dont feel right, tell me before I put the bead on so I can reapply. If the acrylics are not how you would like tell me before I apply the colour. If the colour is not right tell me before you leave so I can reapply.

At every stage ask how it feels/looks. Be confident, just say feedback is important to me so I can make sure they are right for you at every stage.

If your boss wants to charge more still, thats on their head when they are offering refunds instead of redos and the loss of money is their own to deal with so dont worry about it

Do you use the salons products or can you choose your own?

Latest posts

Back