Acrylics lifting with water underneath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa82

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance! Never went over this with my teacher and I won't see her until tomorrow for class. I did my first set of acrylics last Wednesday. I just noticed they are lifting when I put some solar oil on and there was some water that came out of one of the nails. I did just wash my hands about 15 mins ago. I was planning on taking my polish off tomorrow and doing a fill but would I be better off soaking them off and redoing them? I'm worried the water may get trapped underneath and I may end up with a bacterial infection.

Yes, you should just remove instead of filling. If the lifting is that bad that water is seeping out then you will probably have a lot of filing to do. I myself would just soak them off and start fresh. You definitely don't want a bacterial infection. I imagine the reason you're lifting so bad is because 1. you got l&p in/on the cuticle or 2. you didn't remove all the cuticle from the nail plate.

Ok, thanks. They have been soaked off now. :)

Too late now I know, but if you were going into class today I would have left them on to let the trainer see them and let you know how to prevent this lifting in future. Also maybe a little lesson on how to file away lifted product could have been carried out ;)

You did get good advice though as if they are really badly lifted then a soak off would be quicker than filing all of the lifted product away.

Yeah they were lifted half way on a few nails and the rest just around the base. I was probably too rough with them.

Latest posts

Back