Acrylics 'lifting'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlaBerry30

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newly qualified level 3 nail technician and have recently set up as self employed. I work for myself but salon based. I had a new client that doesn't normally wear acrylic nails. I gave her a full set and she was extremely happy. This was almost 2 weeks ago. She is currently on holiday and has sent me some pictures saying her nails have 'fallen' off and sent me a picture. There is clearly damage to her nails like she has pulled them off. How do I approach this? She is due next week for infills and I'm really upset and this has knocked my confidence BIG TIME. I have posted the picture with this post!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210807-171049_Business Suite.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-171049_Business Suite.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20210807-165747_Business Suite.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-165747_Business Suite.jpg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20210807-165740_Business Suite.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-165740_Business Suite.jpg
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 98
Hi, I'm a newly qualified level 3 nail technician and have recently set up as self employed. I work for myself but salon based. I had a new client that doesn't normally wear acrylic nails. I gave her a full set and she was extremely happy. This was almost 2 weeks ago. She is currently on holiday and has sent me some pictures saying her nails have 'fallen' off and sent me a picture. There is clearly damage to her nails like she has pulled them off. How do I approach this? She is due next week for infills and I'm really upset and this has knocked my confidence BIG TIME. I have posted the picture with this post!
It’s disheartening maybe with her lack of experience wearing acrylic she’s spent too much time with them submerged in water (the sea , swimming pools) does she take any medication or have any health conditions that may affect the acrylic? I have a lovely lady that has a few health problems which causes some issues , there’s lots of things it could be just put it down to experience and go through some of the conditions that can cause lifting (even though we know they have possibly made the problem worse by picking). Good luck

I can only see one that has potentially lifted off. The others I'd be inclined to think they have been pulled off. Only because my daughter does pull hers off and they look the same (rough and damaged)compared to a smooth nail that the acrylic has lifted off. Don't let this knock your confidence they are lovely!

These things happen. Don’t let it wreck your confidence! I have been a nail tech for almost 30 years. It looks to me like the nails were not etched enough leaving a little bit of oil on her nail bed causing them to pop off. I am assuming that you used tips. I think it is important that we guarantee our work at least for two weeks. You should use this as a learning tool and fix her nails and build a good client relationship with her. That is what I did in the beginning of my career. Do you use a nail dehydrator such as bond aid before you prime? That helps a ton! Your application looks very nice!

Latest posts

Back