Acrylics making me want to pull my hair out!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TashTurps

Reaction score
how long is it going to take me until I’m happy with my acrylic sets? It’s been a year now and would say I’m doing on average two infills a day and one or two full sets within a week. And still not satisfied with my finished result. I try so hard in getting the preparation right and well I know it’s my application that lets me down , it’s that cuticle area that I can’t get smooth and if it’s not that it’s the tip area too thick or thin . Just want my nails to look as immaculate as possible and to have an easy life when my client comes back in for her infills in hope that they have not lifted!!

That’s not a bad thing, it means you’re striving to improve.
I’ve been qualified for 4 years and still not happy with my shaping and I’ve booked on
skills courses but I don’t think I’ll ever be happy!
I eat, sleep and breathe nails so follow thousands on insta and watch YouTube every night.
What products do you use? Some are easier than others

Just re read your post and wanted to say they will get lifting. Some will and some won’t.
That’s just part of the appointment. I book out the same amount of time for a rebalance as I do a new set.

That’s not a bad thing, it means you’re striving to improve.
I’ve been qualified for 4 years and still not happy with my shaping and I’ve booked on
skills courses but I don’t think I’ll ever be happy!
I eat, sleep and breathe nails so follow thousands on insta and watch YouTube every night.
What products do you use? Some are easier than others
I am using cnd retention and sheer pink powder . I am trying so hard to get my very best result and am following the 3 zone technique don’t get me wrong they are far better from when I first started I’m barely having to buff down the thickness and I don’t really get any bumps like I used to but it’s that cuticle area I can’t seem to get it flush my bead I pick up is always fairly smallish and look like a ‘glass pearl’ but so hard to get it smooth without seeing a slight ridge even though I have filed and buffed and I’ve noticed that this is what causes the lifting because the acrylic is not completely sealed to the nail

You could perhaps try a slightly wetter bead and ensure it’s pressed down on the nail plate, not just laid.
Young nails have a great YouTube video on this and Kylea Wherry also did one recently.

You could perhaps try a slightly wetter bead and ensure it’s pressed down on the nail plate, not just laid.
Young nails have a great YouTube video on this and Kylea Wherry also did one recently.[/QUOTE
Thanks for your advice I am always watching their videos however they’re using a completely different application technique as I do it in a 3 bead steps like I was taught they tend to do it in one bead it seems and my acrylic that I use does not allow me this length of time to play it dries way too quickly for that .

Latest posts

Back