Acrylics on bitten/small nail beds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peppy

Reaction score
Hi, my last few clients have either had really small nail beds or badly bitten nails, and have wanted Acrylic.

However... they dont want hardly any free edge! anything seen from the underside of the hand is too long for them

Ive tried my best but they always (in my eyes) come out looking squatty and fat and square looking if you can picture it lol as I cant get any length on.

Also, it seems such a lot of effort do to acrylics, then have to file them down really short. I do promote Gelish but people still want the acrylic

What do other people do in cases like this? any tips please :wink2:

a nail biter is better off with short extensions i think as they are not used to having length and wouldn't be able to manage them at all.
i tend to put a short gel/acrylic sculpt on and often then shellac over . IMO because the nails are short they look better with a solid colour on than butty looking tips ( sometimes) you can ofcourse extend the nail bed with a cover gel/l&p
after a few refills their own nails will be grown out enough to remove the extension and hopefully they will be so loved up with their new nails they won't go back to biting them and will continue to have them shellac-ed.

Last edited:
hi thanks for your suggestions.

The problem I am having is that clients do not want any free edge, so by the time I have added a 'fake' white edge, the nails are ending up squatty looking and still very small....

if they don't want any added length I would not give them white tip at all. Just do a colour overlay and let their nails grow out naturally. If they insist on french, then I'd explain to them what their outcome will be...squatty looking small nails.

Latest posts

Back