Acrylics on short nail beds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slack94385

Reaction score
So I have a client who I recently put acrylic nails on and she has very short nail beds. They're probably the shortest nail beds I've ever seen and she has no free Edge at all on her natural nail. Well she wanted her acrylics to be very long which worry me because there's not going to be much anchoring them to her natural nail. But I did them and she recently came in for her first fill. By the time she had came in she had four of them that had broken off. I fixed them and I explained to her that with the length of her acrylic compared to the natural nail underneath that it probably would be easy for her to break them so she had to be careful. Well I got a call from her the next day saying that wanted broke off already. I honestly don't know what I could have done differently to prevent them from breaking off. And I'm scared that keeping her as a client this might be a regular thing and then I'll be losing money having to fix them. Has anyone had to deal with this before and if so how do you get around not having much nail bed to put the acrylic on and actually having them last?

Yep, you're the professional, you know best, if she needs them shorter then do them shorter and stick to your guns. Eventually she'll have longer natural nails and the problem will go away. She needs to work with you

You can’t offer free fixes if the client goes against your advice.
As Trinity says don’t do them longer than you know are safely secured or tell the client that base on her natural nail condition longer nails are a risk of breaking and damage to her natural nails and so you can do them for her but fix in any broken will be charged until her natural nail can grow out under to provide support to the extension.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back