Acrylics won’t last

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimeeRose

Reaction score
I’ve been using NSI for just over a year now on myself and since July I’ve used it for mobile work. However I find a lot of my clients tell me they don’t last longer than a week!! Obviously I am gutted and get so embarrassed because of this (I always offer new nails for free) but it’s getting to the point where it’s more often then not and I would like to know if it’s what I do or if it’s the system or other factors as some clients it lasts 3/4 weeks inc myself! I buff the nail, dehydrate then prime with the super bond primer and use tips but these are just cheap ones from amazon then use the acrylic system and file with hand files and gel over top... is it the tips I’m using?? Or something else? Advice would be great tia xx

I was in the same boat myself (with gel), and changed some things around. It may not apply to you, but I could tell you some of the things that helped me and perhaps there's something you can take from it :).
Firstly: This was actually my MAIN culptit. The primer. I had loads left in my bottle, so I didnt think anything of it, but after a lot of troubleshooting, I eventually swapped out my primer for a brand new bottle, and voila, sooo much less lifting. I contacted my educator, and she said it's possibly contaminated primer and it is more common than we think. It could be something as insignificant as tiny bits of dust that has found its way into the primer, and then it's contaminated and won't work as well. Also, I eventually swapped to Young Nails protein bond and experienced even less lifting, so that was a bonus.
Secondly: You could practice using forms instead of tips. Then you won't have to worry about gluing a tip on, the whole nail will be acrylic from free edge to cuticle.
Lastly: The buffer you use could have lost its grit. Of course we shouldn't use a very gritty file on the natural nail, but if you wash and reuse the buffers, over time they will become smoother, and the result will actually be that you buff the nail smoother, which is inadvertently the opposite effect we want. And then the product will slide right off. :D:eek:
Hope any of this could be of use to you. :)

I have started to dehydrate, prime, then before each nail I will swipe another coat of bonder onto the nail just before acrylic goes on. I also double prep!! So once I have prepped the nails - I go back over them and make sure all the shine and any cuticle is taken off. This has helped with the lifting! So frustrating!

I had a dodgy batch of NSI acrylic a few months ago, it wouldn’t fully set. They sent me a replacement which was fine. I suggest you contact them.

Are you dehydrating and priming before applying tips or after and do you do thorough cuticle work before buffing?

Yes dehydrate then tips then prime and thourough cuticle work - have ordered new products which I use in the salon I work at which have proven to last well so hopefully that will help out

Yes dehydrate then tips then prime and thourough cuticle work - have ordered new products which I use in the salon I work at which have proven to last well so hopefully that will help out

I do cuticle work, buff, cleanse, apply and blend tips, cleanse and dehydrate then prime.

I get little lifting now but any I had in the past was due to cuticle work not being thorough enough or product touching the skin.

Also check your bead ratio as this can cause lifting.

I normally dehydrate and prime after applying and blending the tips. Durning training people were saying about tips popping off and the tutor informed us if we dehydrated and primed before applying tips that was the problem

CND taught me to dehydrate and prime AFTER applying tips, otherwise there may be issues.

Once you have your application sorted try Young Nails protein bond primer. It was a game changer for us :)

Latest posts

Back