Acrylics!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twotooty2fruity

Reaction score
I did my first full set of acrylics today!! Yay! (It only took me about 3 1/2 hours!! :mad: )

I just wondered, a couple of things?

Does anyone else think that natural nails are easier than the nail trainers, cause the ones that i've done on it look awful!! :mad:

Also, my nails look a bit bulbus (for want of a better word!) on the tips, does anyone know why this would be??

I'm also finding my ratio very difficult, but i know this is just practice and patience!

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Ta. x

twotooty2fruity said:
I did my first full set of acrylics today!! Yay! (It only took me about 3 1/2 hours!! :mad: )

Does anyone else think that natural nails are easier than the nail trainers, cause the ones that i've done on it look awful!! :mad:

I have been doing competition training for the last couple of months and i have to agree that natural nails are far better than the nail trainer and i can't throw my model like i do the nail trainer :eek: :eek:

It is better on natural nails i think but only cos they are "REAL",if you catch soft tissue with your file on trainer you wont know cos it won't scream at you :mad: as for "bulbous" ,hey i'm no expert but when you have placed bead on zone 1 you kinda work at a 45 degree angle with brush facing upwards whilst pressing and smoothing,your aim is to achieve the look of natural nail,without arm breaking filing afterwards :cry: remember the creative motto,Sculpt With Your Brush Not Your File :biggrin: but hey it all comes with practice,i only qualified on 4th sept last year and i still practice alot but am getting there!!Debbie.

Hiya,
Well I've trained with the hand trainer and got quite used to itnbut would always choose to practice on a person if I had the choice. I think there are pros and cons and if you can persevere with the trainer, it's a good friend to have around when you come to try a new product. I remember on our creative foundation course, I didn't believe that our tutor, Jane, could apply product to the trainer so I challenged her to it - and guess what - she made the most fantastic nail!! I asked her to show me again but she was no fool - she knew I was trying to get her to do my work!!!!
Good luck with your trainer.
:lol:

twotooty2fruity said:

Also, my nails look a bit bulbus (for want of a better word!) on the tips, does anyone know why this would be??

I'm also finding my ratio very difficult, but i know this is just practice and patience!

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Ta. x

Just my twopenny worth - I have problems with getting an adhesive (ooops nearly said glue!) to stick the tips on to Henrietta hand but I found I could do great practice sculpts. :idea:

Hi Kim,
I've had problems occasionally with adhesive too and I felt that temperature played a big part.
All the best
Carol

you say - practice is the key, you probably know what you are trying to do and just need to practice making and working with the bead. There are several tutorials on this site which may help - checkout "million dollar smiles". (I think it is still called that?)

Before you tackle your application technique, check how the tip is looking before you apply the product. Does it look too wide or does it look like it really just grew there? Until it looks like it grew there, getting your product application correct will not solve your problem. You might also like to thin the tip. The product will give you the strengh so you just use the tip to give the shape and form - thick product and a thick tip is double your trouble. The tip is your canvas and it needs to be right to give you any hope of getting the rest right.

Nails magazine (correct me if I have the wrong mag anyone?) this month has some photographs of what the ideal nail shape should look like. This might give you something to work to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back