Activities for 2 year olds...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

My little boy is about to turn 2 in a couple of weeks, & i am just wondering for those parents out there what kind of activites do you do to keep them entertained.

As i'm a stay at home mummy, some days i find myself doing the same things in & out!

However today i got the paints & playdoh out, & he had so much fun for over an hour he was quite, busy & happy!

Just if you have any fun ideas or activities that you do & find they keep the kids entertained please speak out!!!

Thanks x

cbbc!!! joking... my little one likes to get out asap... hates the house!!!! so it is really hard going too. x

Hi

I found Aquadraw is good, if you have one. If not, it is a mat which they can draw onto with pens you fill with water. No Mess! Bliss!!

Also cooking is always good with my 2yr old daughter. Or just decorating of pre-made cakes.

I am a stay at home mummy too and I know what you mean about repeating things! Its bloody hard work!!

Hope this helps

Max

I have got an aqua draw they are fab!

My little one also loved being out which is pretty hard with the weather we have in our country!

Thanks for the advice!

Ps: i agree it is so hard being a full time stay at home mum, i feel it is so underestimated.Most of my friends go to work & they all say to me i dont know how you do it, we couldnt wait to get back to work! Sometimes i agree i wish i was back at work,but then look at what i would miss out on!

I take my little one to a place called Fun House, slides, ball pits and foam shapes. I do this once a week if shes been a good girl, it really tires her out.
I try to break her day up into small chunks, its easier to keep her entertained.
Baking, drawing, playing with toys, reading with her.
I occasionaly put a towel down on the floor with a bowl of water and let her wash up her picnic set.
Cant wait for the warmer weather as we have recently moved from a flat to a house so she will have a garden to play in.
Once a week we also meet up with my friend and her little boy and they entertain themselves.

salt dough which you can bake in the oven then paint then varnish to keep forever
2 cups of plain flour to one cup of table salt mixed with 1 teaspoon of cooking oil(to keep it bound together) then add a cup of water but a bit at a time until a dough ball forms.
you can bake over about 4 hours over 80c oven...i used to have so much fun with the 3 boys especially as they could paint it when it cooked

Emily & I make those cakes in the boxes - & she has her own apron, we go to the park, she watches dvd's & TV, she draws piccys, she plays in her room, we go to playgroup sometimes, we read stories,
I'm lucky as Emily loves to entertain herself by reading stories to her dollys & pushing her pram round the house.
I agree being a stay at home mum is under-rated, it piggin hard work lol

I use to do loads with my 2 when they were little,
Swimming
Indoor play gym
baking
making playdough
painting
collecting leaves and then making pictures with them
Puppet shows-make your own sock puppets
Making shakers out of margarine tubs filled with dried peas
I was a very active mum lmao

Keeping little ones entertained is hard work! I used to go out as much as possible,I used to take Amy to the nearby farm, it's only small but she loved feeding the animals and they had a play barn there too.

mother's and toddler's (three mornings a week!), one was at the Brewster pub. These are a great way of finding out about other events such as summer meet ups in the park, our's were called Teddy bears picnics,

Swimming on a Sunday during the family swim time.

Because I drive everywhere Amy used to think going on a bus was a great treat! so if I wasn't getting much shopping I took her to town on the bus a few times , this would take up an extra hour or so! (didn't happen often tho!)

trips to Eureka, great place for kids to play, (Halifax) we would go on the train, ermm, what else..

go out to feed the horses,

when we were at home Amy loved finger painting (I did not!),
playing on the PC, there are some great educational game for the little ones,
making tea, with water in her plastic teapot,
baking,
I used to fill a washing bowl with water and give her some plastic things to wash, and I would give her a bottle of watered down Fairy so she could squeeze away!
Amy got a little slide for her 2nd birthday which was kept in the house until summer, she loved that slide!
make sticker pictures and drawing, I can't remember what else!

They grow up so quick yet it's hard to remember when she was that small and all the things we used to get upto! Hope this gives you some ideas! xx

I'm too a stay at home mum. SOmetimes I feel exhausted (as you all do I'm sure) and am glad to go to work on an evening.

It's hard to come up with good ideas on what to do with your little one.

Mine likes

swimming
indoor play gyms
creche
reading
painting
drawing (incl. on walls when I'm not looking)
watching TV and dvd's
baking

He also gets excited about going to Tesco, and often cries SUPERMARKET MUMMY when we drive past (at the top of his voice!!) although when we are in there it is a different story. I wouldn't miss these years for the world.

Glad I took time out to be there and see him grow.xx

HTHS

at 2 i'd keep it simple, i dont have kids of my own, but have a few 2 years old godchildren and they love trains, chunky ones (they have magnets in either end which makes them attract to each other, they play with them for hours, i have a permanent wooden track set up for them, kids luv thomas the tank engine

Latest posts

Back