SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eden diffley

Reaction score
Hey, so I never colour my own hair but am going to this week. I was very blonde but over lockdown I toned the blonde down and my hair has grown out quite a bit.
I want to add quite a lot of depth to it but keep some blonde, especially framing my face. I’ve gone a little brass and ideally want to be a honey blonde.
my plan is to add some foils around my face, and anywhere that could use a touch up, then tone with colour touch 9/36 & 8/38 + 1.9%
Then paint my root 6/3 and blend it through the mid lengths of my hair
How does that sound?
I’ve attached a picture of me and then of the colour I want togo x

Attachments

• ED2C406F-A8A8-4593-A55E-779F52BADA66.jpeg
    ED2C406F-A8A8-4593-A55E-779F52BADA66.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 38
  • BBAB93F8-17C3-4863-87A5-ECECA58ECE63.jpeg
    BBAB93F8-17C3-4863-87A5-ECECA58ECE63.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
Hey, so I never colour my own hair but am going to this week. I was very blonde but over lockdown I toned the blonde down and my hair has grown out quite a bit.
I want to add quite a lot of depth to it but keep some blonde, especially framing my face. I’ve gone a little brass and ideally want to be a honey blonde.
my plan is to add some foils around my face, and anywhere that could use a touch up, then tone with colour touch 9/36 & 8/38 + 1.9%
Then paint my root 6/3 and blend it through the mid lengths of my hair
How does that sound?
I’ve attached a picture of me and then of the colour I want togo x
Your plan sounds like you'll achieve the look in picture 1. But I also question the desired result if you're not a fan of warmth. Having a gold base with honey face frame will not eradicate warmth nor will it prevent it.
I think I'd definitely opt to use slightly cooler shades over your warm hair - so that you're not adding warmth.

Your plan sounds like you'll achieve the look in picture 1. But I also question the desired result if you're not a fan of warmth. Having a gold base with honey face frame will not eradicate warmth nor will it prevent it.
I think I'd definitely opt to use slightly cooler shades over your warm hair - so that you're not adding warmth.
Hey!
So I used 5/0 on my roots 6/0 for reverse balayage and 8/0+0/68 for toner. All colour touch. You’re right, the colours I had in mind were slightly too warm and I love how the result came out! I’ll add some pictures soon

Latest posts

Back