Adding glitter to gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubybloos

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to add own glitter inside a gel polish bottle? As I have seen some glitter I like but cannot find any gel polish with it already pre mixed and thought it would be great if I can get a gel colour I like and just add the glitter into the bottle. X

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to add own glitter inside a gel polish bottle? As I have seen some glitter I like but cannot find any gel polish with it already pre mixed and thought it would be great if I can get a gel colour I like and just add the glitter into the bottle. X

Try it and see what result you get.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I put my own extra glitter in Zillionairre shellac (coz its soooo stingy on glitter!) works fine but you must put an orange wood stick in the bottle and stir well before use as the glitter has a tendency to sink to the bottom.

Some glitters will leech their color into the gel polish, changing the overall color of the gel. You're better off mixing the glitter into the gel as you need it or dusting it into the cured sticky layer before topcoating.

I've tried it out last night, both using exactly same colour gel polish. Little finger just as normal gel,ring finger with glitter added. Has made the gel thicker but not to bad and colour for some reason looks darker! Still impressed though will try it with other gels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 458
Hiya!
I do a service called "Rockstar Manicure" and this is CND Shellac with glitter embedded!
Basically you perform the full CND Shellac service but before applying the topcoat, take some loose glitter dust and a stiff nail art brush & push the glitter into the tacky layer, then scrub until smooth, apply topcoat and thats it! Perfect glitter shellac!
Its so simple and easy, takes only an extra few minutes onto the service.
I'll upload a few photos of rockstar manis I've done!
This is actually one of my most popular treatments in the salon and is so much better than wasting bottles of shellac by adding glitter to the bottle!
xx
1461721_1419277238305043_84289386_n.jpg

1466271_1419546818278085_1362146731_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1531880_1429232663976167_1926888770_n.jpg

Hiya!
I do a service called "Rockstar Manicure" and this is CND Shellac with glitter embedded!
Basically you perform the full CND Shellac service but before applying the topcoat, take some loose glitter dust and a stiff nail art brush & push the glitter into the tacky layer, then scrub until smooth, apply topcoat and thats it! Perfect glitter shellac!
Its so simple and easy, takes only an extra few minutes onto the service.
I'll upload a few photos of rockstar manis I've done!
This is actually one of my most popular treatments in the salon and is so much better than wasting bottles of shellac by adding glitter to the bottle!
xx
1461721_1419277238305043_84289386_n.jpg

1466271_1419546818278085_1362146731_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1531880_1429232663976167_1926888770_n.jpg

Hi Sian,

Can I ask you which brand or make of glitters you use?
Love your sample wheel xxx

Rock star (as explained by Sianpeters) is the way to go
CND do glitters and additives and you can create endless combos without wasting your Shellac. You'll love it and be amazed.
A little tip - I keep a separate bottle of top coat especially for using over glitters as you don't want stray particles of glitter when you do a plain Shellac

Thanks angel nailz for that.
I was asking because I have all the additives and a few irresistable glitters from the s2 catalogue but the pots she had don't look like the irresistable ones but the colours look amazing.
Great tip about using separate top coat, that's what I do too xxx

Sorry I spelt your name wrong Angelaznailz x

Hi Sian,

Can I ask you which brand or make of glitters you use?
Love your sample wheel xxx

I use the NSI glitters! I live right next to an NSI trade store so I just pick them up from there but you can order them online too!
Make sure you get the glitter dust/powder as the larger bits won't look as great if your using a clear shellac underneath or a slightly different colour :)
Also keep a spare topcoat especially for Rockstar! But make sure it is the same brand as the gel polish you use as the removal can be difficult if you mix brands :) xxx

Latest posts

Back