Adding glitters and Additives to Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudyboy

Reaction score
Hi! How do you add additives and glitters to brista lit? Thank you:Grope:

Hi and welcome to the site.

So that we know a little about you and your training/qualifications, please can I ask you to complete your Profile as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Mix on a palette or in a dish, no more than 30% additive / glitter mix ratio with Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel xx

does it look nice when you are done?

ok i just did my profile!

does it look nice when you are done?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402863223.922435.jpg

Yes, here's a set I did using CND Additive Midnight Tide mixed with BL, and CND Shellac xx

That blue is stunning! Am I right that it's Midnight tide additive mixed into clear Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel?

Yep! Lush isn't it! 😍 xx

I need a video lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using SalonGeek mobile app

What always puts me off about this is that I don't know how much gel to put on my palette and I don't want to waste any! How do you know?? Xx

What always puts me off about this is that I don't know how much gel to put on my palette and I don't want to waste any! How do you know?? Xx

The set I did above was 2 "blobs" using my CND Spatula, then 30% additive. If you were doing a full set (2 layers each hand) I'd probably do 3 "blobs".

xx

Ahh lovely - thank you!! Xx

So can you apply the smoothing gel over the top
Of a colour?

So can you apply the smoothing gel over the top
Of a colour?

No, it would either go under a Shellac service for added strength, or you can use as above mixed with additives (using BL base coat and finishing with BL Top Coat) xx

Hope it's ok to butt into this thread. Can you add glitter to sculpting gel too? Thanks x

No, it would either go under a Shellac service for added strength, or you can use as above mixed with additives (using BL base coat and finishing with BL Top Coat) xx

So would you still use bl top coat over the nails with the cream puff background?
And why would you choose to mix the additives with the bl smoothing gel as opposed to say clearly pink or top coat? Is there any difference? X

So would you still use bl top coat over the nails with the cream puff background?
And why would you choose to mix the additives with the bl smoothing gel as opposed to say clearly pink or top coat? Is there any difference? X

I used Shellac Top Coat over the nail with the Cream Puff base.

I'm not sure that you can "mix" the same ratio with Shellac as you can Brisa Lite Smoothing, so I wouldn't use that method. It is Smoothing "Gel" so mixing up to 30% additive with it is fine and gives good coverage xx

Hope it's ok to butt into this thread. Can you add glitter to sculpting gel too? Thanks x

Ive used glitter in smoothing gel so yes you will be able to use sculpting gel too

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back