Adding tips to existing acrylic nails - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fdlnails

Reaction score
I went to my local salon with a question and im not so sure if I agree with the answer I received.... I have an exhisting set of short acrylic nails. I asked if I wanted to add length what would they do. I thought they would say apply forms and sculpt a longer tip. Their answer was to file the acrylic down and create a smile line all the way down to my natural nail and then glue on new tips and cover with acrylic. Is this safe? thanks!:lick:

I'm not trained in sculpted acrylics. So would have said I'll soak off and do a new set.
But if I was I would say sculpting with forms (as you said)

What they said seems like a lot of faff and I'm not sure you could even do that.
Hopefully a more experienced geek will be along to clarify. :) xx

I went to my local salon with a question and im not so sure if I agree with the answer I received.... I have an exhisting set of short acrylic nails. I asked if I wanted to add length what would they do. I thought they would say apply forms and sculpt a longer tip. Their answer was to file the acrylic down and create a smile line all the way down to my natural nail and then glue on new tips and cover with acrylic. Is this safe? thanks!:lick:

I'd sculpt additional length - yes its safe to do what they are suggesting but seems like a lot of work and I don't know how good it would look when its done. Better to soak off and put on a new set or find a salon that will sculpt.

Latest posts

Back