Additional Lengths legal message?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
To Whom It May Concern.

It has been brought to our attention that you are advertising products using the term Mini Locks.

We want to advise you that Mini Tips and Mini Locks are registered Trademarks for products of the Remi Cachet brand, and owned by us.
Under no circumstances are you to use such terms in order to pass of another product, unless it is a genuine Remi Cachet product in which the brand has to be stated.

We appreciate this may be an oversight and you may not have been aware of the legal registration, so we kindly ask that you remove any posts which are in breech of the TM and infringing on our copyright.

Failure to co-operate with us on this issue, will result in reports being made to Facebook and further legal action taken against you.
Please remove any infringing terms from all your social media channels and website.

You may also like to know that simply changing the spelling, or by using Mini Lox is still in breech legally as the similarity of terms still passes off a similar product to consumers and is also regarded as infringement by law.

We will allow 24 hours for the changes to take place. Please advise once updates are complete for us to verify.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation on this matter, and feel free to contact us if you require any further help or assistance regarding the trademarks.

Many Thanks
Victoria
MD

Um.....excuse me?! Cheeky you know what's.
Anyone else had this and what was your response?

I am about to message back asking that they email this to my email address, not my Facebook inbox, & with the relevant proof that they have it trademarked, and then I will make the changes. Just due to the principle!

X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did u use those words on your FB tho, maybe this y they contacted u thru FB...

I am aware of the TM's, and if you are in breech, u will need to remove them and prevent from using those words in future.

From reading the letter, it dont appear cheeky at all, at least they giving you the opportunity to sort it yourself before the proced to report u etc.

you can search the TM's yourself online at IPO.gov.uk I think.

This would be interesting to know for sure. As far as I was aware you can't trade mark very common descriptive terms. Mini Tips doesn't sound unique enough surely?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409487094.704772.jpg

I would certainly be asking for confirmation of Trade Marks. After a couple of searches I can not easily find them.

Yeh chick it's trademarked xxx

Unfortunately you will have to amend the name. I received an email a year or so ago from a well known company asking me to cease using a particular word in my business name. The message you have received is far tamer than what I got. I never received an official letter, just an email, but others did.

I changed my business name, logo, all listings on the internet, contacted facebook to amend my business name and changed my website address also.

Please do ensure that you amend what needs to be done. They are well within their rights to take this further.

No further action was taken on me, but if I learned nothing else, it was to check the IPO website before naming anything.

Chin up lovely, you'll get it sorted. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would you be able to call them mini stick tips? Or mini micro rings?

Could you not call the vip locks?
As in
Vip prebonded
Vip locks
Vip weaves etc etc

Aslong as its not mini locks (vip mini locks) ??

No i dont think u can use those suggestions coz its still similar, all ur doing is adding a word, but its misleading to the general public .. U need to be carefull what u call them.. x

Thanks geeks! Just seemed like such a common word to be TM but if it is then obviously will remove, no issue there.
Thought it was cheeky that they wouldn't show proof of the trademark and assume I or any other business would just take their word for it through a FB message!

I wonder if a trade mark can be challenged. It's such a general descriptive term I'm surprised that was approved in the first place. I can't trade mark Prestige Hair Extensions so why on earth can you trade mark "mini tips". Easilocks I could understand but not Mini Tips.

God knows, but obviously they can.

isnt it something to do with Classes or something.

If you search Mini Locks, loads come up, but some are for pad locks etc. but no one else will be able to use that for extension products as they have the trade mark

So am I right in thinking that they have trade marked the name but not the actual product? So basically other companies are selling the same/similar product but also have to change the name? If so it just seems a bit petty for the sake of a name when in reality numerous companies could be selling an also identical item, or am I missing the point?! Xx

Like an upright Hoover-

The all look like Hoovers, sounds like Hoover, they all suck stuff off the floor.

But you can call it anything but Hoover because Hoover is trademarked. You can however have a vacuum cleaver and call it whatever you like.

Same item - different brand.

What I don't understand is the message saying you can't change the spelling ie mini lox.....
Unless they also trademark 'mini lox' specifically, with that spelling exactly, then I would be under the impression it can be used?!
I may look into that further and get a definite answer just out of curiosity!

Measure the tip and call them " velosa 10mm tip" or whatever can't trademark a length x

What I don't understand is the message saying you can't change the spelling ie mini lox.....
Unless they also trademark 'mini lox' specifically, with that spelling exactly, then I would be under the impression it can be used?!
I may look into that further and get a definite answer just out of curiosity!

From my understanding you can't use a similar name if it could confuse people into thinking that it was the other brand.. It would be like me setting up my new extension business "Velossa" if you have already trademarked your name.

This spelling maybe miss leading to customers, and they can still take legal action against u, if your still trying to pass of knowingly. Just be careful.

Its a good name, and good product, obviously they got ther first and created the name first. I had never heard of it till I seen them selling it more than a year ago, and i am sure that searches are made before the trade mark office even approve the trade mark, so it obviously wasnt used by anyone else at the time, other wise searches would have come up on the internet.

I no the remi cachet brand is very good quality, espcially the high end range, and as any company, they want to protect ther product in case any1 uses horse hair, and still calls it one of ther names, this wud make ther product rubbish to the cients , i no i wud think like that
xx

Latest posts

Back