Additional services with Calgel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabinkel

Reaction score
I am hoping that this is not a daft question, lol but I am a bit confused. I recently introduced Calgel into my home salon, and it has been far more popular than I expected, which is great:)
The problem I have is that many of my "manicure" clients that are now having calgel, miss the "pampering" parts of the service that they used to have. When I did my training up in Luton, we were advised to be careful what you do during the calgel treatment. What I mean is I usually include a hand mask and heated mitts in my mani's, but was told I should probably avoid doing this as it could cause probs with the gel.
My question is, getting to the point, lol, is does anyone include these sort of things, paraffin wax, hand masks etc with calgel, with no problems? Many thanks for any advice!

Not a daft question and one I would be interested in the answer to.

I wonder if you could do the mask and mitts after the Calgel application, in the same way that you can do the Calgel pedicure:hug:

hth's

I wonder if you could do the mask and mitts after the Calgel application, in the same way that you can do the Calgel pedicure:hug:

hth's[/quote]

I agree. You can do all and any of those things once the gel service is complete. If you use a topcoat like Calcrystal I think I would do the extra services, sanitize the nail and apply the Calcrystal right at the very end so it stays perfect.

I do a deluxe calgel mani and pedi for some of my clients. As advised above just steralise to take off the sticky residue then do exfoliation, mask, massage, paraffin etc. It doesn't cause any damage to the gel at all in my experience.

Thanks for replys guys! It makes sense to do all the nice, fluffy bits at the end. Good idea about doing the calcrystal at the end, wouldnt have to wait for it to dry either! So, price wise, would you add on roughly what you charge for a lux mani, or just a portion of the price?:confused: Thanks for help

I would just add an extra amount as you are already doing the nail shaping, cuticles etc in the gel. We charge £5.00 more for a deluxe version of the calgel mani but it would depend on how much extra time you need to do the paraffin etc.

I would just add an extra amount as you are already doing the nail shaping, cuticles etc in the gel. We charge £5.00 more for a deluxe version of the calgel mani but it would depend on how much extra time you need to do the paraffin etc.

Many thanks for advice:hug:

Latest posts

Back