Additive help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dooliepops

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks
I wonder if you can help me accomplish a better finish when using additive with Shellac.
I apply the additive very thinly as taught, but I still find it can look patchy.:sad:
I look at some of the pictures posted on here and it seems others are not having this problem as their pictures are great.
Any advice would be gratefully received :)
Thank you

I pat mine on. I don't brush it on as that causes it to "skip" and be patchy. Just load your brush with the additive and push it on the nail. Once you have the coverage you want then smooth it with your brush or blow off the excess

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you Devonnaydf

I have this problem but only with the cerulean blue on azure wish. I think I may have a dodgy bottle of azure as the blue is fine on cream puff

Hi, maybe you could try using an eye shadow applicator. I have found this works fab. I have also found using a brush where bristles are a bit stiff can cause patches and scratches?! I would love to hear any other tips too ! x

I'm new to additives what's your pricing for them? And how do you use them? Like hat effect are popular for you all? Xx

Latest posts

Back