Additive on free edge only?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
My client wants a French look using Shellac and additives but I'm worried the additive on the white of the French will not be neat and tidy. How would you do this?

I was thinking I'd just do two coats of white using cream puff on the free edge with two coats of beau or negligee on top of it then using a small brush add the geode additive (silvery one). Then top coat.

Put the additive on then use a gel brush dipped in d sperse to tidy the smile up x

I was having a play with similar thing myself and I did my base colour first, wiped the sticky layer and then did my white and additive do additive was only able up stick to the white.
Hope this helps x

I agree with AlmondWhiz, this is exactly what I would do. Be a lot neater and you'll have more control over the product placement x

Felicity xx

I was taught doing a french you use your pink color first and white on top and then top coat

Sent from my SM-G900V using SalonGeek mobile app

we were taught pink then white colour too?

I'd go base (pink), french (white), additive using a nail art brush, clean smile line with dsperse if needed, top coat

Thanks for all your advice.

I was taught to do the pink first and tidy up smile line, then do pink over top. Although the white is then less white!

I'll try it your way tomorrow.

Thank you!;)

I think you can do it either way. If the client didn't want a bright white tip you can ho over with a slight pink to time it down a bit but some clients like the bright white :)
Happy playing x

Latest posts

Back