Additives looking patchy - any tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxandpolish

Reaction score
Hi

I've got quite a few cnd additives but rarely use them as I find that they are always patchy and don't give a consistent even colour if coating the whole nail. I had a client choose one today and I was so disappointed with the finish that I gave her a big discount. Anyone got any tips? Btw they always seem to go on better on colour pops!

Hi, what are you using to apply them with? Can you describe your application method?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I have some problems to with additives I use cnd gel brush

Sent from my SM-G900V using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, what are you using to apply them with? Can you describe your application method?

I use a small brush (gel) and scrub it into the tacky layer of cured colour. I pat it on first all over, then burnish/scrub in.

Which colours are you using? Are you using pure pigments or pigment effect additives?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Today I used fedora with blush bronze over but the worst ones I've found are the irresistible neons. I've not shown them to any customers because I was so disappointed with the patchy effect over cream puff.

Are you maybe using to much product? A little really does go a long way with additives 😊

I haven't got the irresistible ones but I think you're meant to pat those into top coat rather than burnish into colour coat. Maybe that's it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Pat the additives in first to ensure enough product is on the scrub into tacky layer. Sometimes if there is not enough additive then you are just smearing around the tacky layer.

Although you need to burnish the additive into the inhibition layer you must make sure its fully cover by additive first, then gently without a hard scrubbing motion rub the additive in fully. As if youre lightly polishing it. If youre too heavy handed you'll leave marks on the inhibition layer removing the additive. Hope that makes sense?! Have you watch some youtube vids??

Thank you ladies I will give some if these tips a try. I just find that they always look lovely when I've painted them on colour pops but I'm always disappointed with real thing! Xx

Like others have said, I really lightly pat mine on then I burnish it into the nail.. I also use a flat fluffy eyeshadow brush to brush then additives on I found it to be the best thing.. Keep going you will get there! Also make sure you have great lighting because you really need to seal the additives with topcoat. X

Latest posts

Back